Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Summer is still here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/summer-still-here-t234657.html)

ManiacQuilter2 11-13-2013 12:44 PM

Summer is still here

1 Attachment(s)
I am in Southern California just above the San Diego county border. Weather channel said this is the temperature

Thu Nov 14

88° Current
48° low
Sunny Chance of rain: 0%

This was the sunset off of my patio !! Let it snow in someone else's yard !!! Haven't even had to turn on the heat!! Utility bill was less than $13.00 last month.

Jan in VA 11-13-2013 12:55 PM

Well, you are quite the braggart, aren't you! :D

(And with a low around 20 last night and high barely 40 today, two quilts on the bed here, I'm quite the jealous one!:hunf: But we also had a spectacular sunset last night. :))

Jan in VA

oh munner 11-13-2013 01:02 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, but I for one love the cold and the snow. 20º here in the mid-west this morning at 7A.M..... great walking temp, couldn't have been better. Sunny, bright and dry! Ended up doing a fun 5 miles round trip. So, you can keep your heat, thank you very much! :thumbup:

grannie cheechee 11-13-2013 01:12 PM

Its cold here also. High of 45. My knees hurt even with jeans on instead of shorts. LOL

callie 11-13-2013 01:18 PM

Each of us has our own preference regarding snow. I too was raised in snow and cold, however, that's not my preference today. I say if you have nice weather - enjoy the heck out of it. I know many, many people who either live in snow country now, or have moved that don't like snow. This forum isn't set here to criticize someone elses opinion and remember, we are all entitled to our own personal opinion. Have a good day.

Jan in VA 11-13-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by callie (Post 6403149)
Each of us has our own preference regarding snow....... This forum isn't set here to criticize someone elses opinion and remember, we are all entitled to our own personal opinion.

Callie,
I suspect you are talking about my response to ManiacQuilter2. Did you really not realize that I was teasing her and NO critical intent was there?!! :)

Jan in VA

lynnie 11-13-2013 02:41 PM

beautiful photo of the sunset.
we have heat on but only till 66. it's cold here on the island tonight. it will go to frost and freezing tonight. way to soon for that.

lynnie 11-13-2013 02:45 PM

I'm freezing now and have the heat at . i'll put another shirt or quilt on b4 I raise the heat. that's fabric money i'd be spending

ladysewnsew 11-13-2013 02:46 PM

Enjoying the seasons

I was in shorts yesterday here in Florida and this morning it was 42 and today only got to 52 with gusty wind so made it feel like 40 all day... brrr.. I love cold because it gives me the excuse to be in either the kitchen or the sewing room.. Today it was the kitchen.. Beans & Cornbread is the warming meal of the evening..
I moved to Florida 17 years ago from Ohio and I loved snow as a kid then I hated snow as a young adult and now I love the seasons when its summer I am ready for summer and when its winter I am ready for winter so no complaints about the cold weather here but then again we don't see the white stuff maybe some flurries around late Dec or early Jan thats it... .. I just adjust my activities accordingly :) That is a beautiful sunset there though.. Enjoy

Tartan 11-13-2013 03:04 PM

​Gorgeous!