Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just bought June Taylor Shape Cut ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-bought-june-taylor-shape-cut-ruler-t235860.html)

donnai 12-01-2013 04:27 PM

Just bought June Taylor Shape Cut ruler

I bought the June Taylor shape cut ruler at JoAnn's Saturday. I used it for the first time today. I LOVE it. Thanks to all who recommended it. I made my decision to buy it based on that.

MartiMorga 12-01-2013 04:34 PM

Bought mine at the Paducha Quilt Show and love it also! It is fun and easy to use - and I feel like a pro!

ManiacQuilter2 12-01-2013 04:41 PM

I did too at JAF online when it was 60% off with free shipping.

noahscats7 12-01-2013 04:51 PM

Will you all please look for her video on how to use it. It makes bells go ding, ding,ding in your head. I have 2 and love them.

dunster 12-01-2013 05:27 PM

I bought one at Walmart and returned it - thought it was too flimsy. Yet many people do love them.

JanineH 12-01-2013 05:35 PM

I bought one this weekend too. I haven't tried it yet though..maybe this week?

nativetexan 12-01-2013 06:11 PM

I have one but tend to forget it's around. I've not used it often.

AngelinaMaria 12-01-2013 06:17 PM

dunster, I too have stayed away from it because the June Tailor rulers use a very flexible plastic that I think would "give" too much as you run your rotary cutter along the lines. I think I can be much more accurate just moving my ruler and know I have a solid ruler edge to run the blade on.

I really wish they would make this in a firm and thick plastic like other Omnigrid or Olfa type rulers. That would be something to really get excited about.

Dalronix 12-01-2013 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6433800)
I bought one at Walmart and returned it - thought it was too flimsy. Yet many people do love them.

I bought two of them today - the Plus and the Pro (my partner is going to have a heart attack when the CC statement comes in). I've been considering them for awhile but after buying a Binding Buddy a few months ago, I was worried about how thin Tailor rulers are.

I spoke to my retailer this morning who, I think, has some connection with the Australian Matilda ruler range and she said other companies have tried to make similar rulers from more rigid plastic but they just didn't work because of the size and the slots. As a result of that I bit the bullet and bought the rulers today.

Another thing that makes a little nervous is just how vulnerable they are to being but cut by the rotary cutter.

The two rulers cost me AU$210.00 with postage (yes, they are VERY expensive down here) so I just hope they do the job.

Dina 12-01-2013 07:25 PM

I have to tell you all that I couldn't be a quilter without my June Taylor Shape Cut rulers. I simply can't hold a ruler still without moving it, or at least I have never really learned to do that. I use those rulers for every quilt I make. I bought one at Wal-Mart and one at Hobby Lobby. Then I found an 18 inch one at a quilt store. Made my day!!

Donnai, I am glad you like yours. It can sure make life easier. :)

Dina