Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   What's your favorite Christmas dessert? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/whats-your-favorite-christmas-dessert-t237253.html)

LavenderBlue 12-23-2013 12:49 AM

What's your favorite Christmas dessert?

Trying to decide what to make this year. There's the usual pumpkin pie/roll, apple and pecan pies, etc. Maybe something different....an assortment of cookies? What do you like to find on the dessert table?

dakotamaid 12-23-2013 04:35 AM

pumpkin pie and peanut butter kisses cookies :)

Merry Christmas!

QltrSue 12-23-2013 04:38 AM

We are having our family Christmas tonight. For my sanity, I make as much ahead as I can so I made a Cheery cheese pie, cupcakes decorated like an elf for the kids, and an ice cream pie in a chocolate cookie crust to be served with homemade hot fudge. Whatever you make, enjoy and Merry Christmas!

quilter1 12-23-2013 05:08 AM

Every year I have to make what our family refers to as 'our favourite'. It is a 1960's ice box dessert made with chocolate cookie crumb crust and a custardy whipped cream filling- light and not sweet. My Mom made it every year and now it is my turn. I think of her as I am working in the kitchen, and remember Christmases past. I can give you the recipe if you like.

nanna-up-north 12-23-2013 05:13 AM

We have specific desserts for each holiday.

For Thanksgiving, we have pies, apple, pumpkin, sweet potato, and everyone's favorite, mystery pecan.

For Christmas, we have red velvet cake.... it's red, you know. And, we always have trays of cookies.

For New Years, we have cheesecake..... there are so many flavors to choose from but Amaretto Almond is my favorite.

For Easter, it's Carrot cake.

My specialty is desserts..... I can make a lot of them.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

LavenderBlue 12-23-2013 05:22 AM

Merry Christmas! And thank you for all the wonderful ideas. Quilter1, I would love to have the recipe, and I'm sure others would as well!

Jackie Spencer 12-23-2013 06:01 AM

Oh my all time favorite.....Date Pudding! Not the kind you steam.

Billi 12-23-2013 06:13 AM

Mincemeat pie, for tradition, cherry cheese cake,For beauty, and Mama Kat cookies because they are easy everybody loves them and they are chocolate.

francie yuhas 12-23-2013 05:24 PM

Peppermint ice cream with hot fudge sauce,plus about a million cookies...

farmquilter 12-24-2013 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1 (Post 6470236)
Every year I have to make what our family refers to as 'our favourite'. It is a 1960's ice box dessert made with chocolate cookie crumb crust and a custardy whipped cream filling- light and not sweet. My Mom made it every year and now it is my turn. I think of her as I am working in the kitchen, and remember Christmases past. I can give you the recipe if you like.

Yes, please the recipe for the pie, sounds like a light finish to our meal.