Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hello, I'm Michelle and I'm a quiltaholic! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hello-im-michelle-im-quiltaholic-t238021.html)

michelleoc 01-03-2014 09:15 AM

Hello, I'm Michelle and I'm a quiltaholic!

The computer was a wonderful invention, sure, but it's getting me in trouble. I was wandering around after reading the Boards and found a Pattern from Fat Quarter Shop called Deck-ade the Halls (which I think was a quilt along last year). Well, I had to print out the instructions and find fabric for that. THEN, I noticed that the Fat Quarter Shop is also doing a Wishes Quilt Along (which will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation), so of course I joined that group!!! Now, if I could only train my computer to clean house and cook, so I can sew more, THAT would be a great thing!

newbee3 01-03-2014 09:21 AM

I do most of the cooking my husband does the vaccum and we both do the laundry

crafty pat 01-03-2014 09:22 AM

Welcome to the club. You will find a lot of quiltaholic's here. Like you I have a hard time finding all the time I want for it Right now my Christmas tree is begging to come down but I am being drawn to my sewing room.

pollyjvan9 01-03-2014 09:30 AM

Unfortunately, I live alone, so I don't have anyone to share the burden of housecleaning. As you can imagine I have a few things I need to do, but I have so many quilts and projects I want to make.

MadQuilter 01-03-2014 12:40 PM

Housework is highly overrated. Welcome to the club.

grammysharon 01-03-2014 12:47 PM

This is what we do too!!! But I too am a quilt-a-holic and proud of it!!!!

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 6490190)
I do most of the cooking my husband does the vaccum and we both do the laundry

barny 01-03-2014 12:51 PM

If you could teach your computer to clean house, you would be rich enough to hire someone to clean and cook too. then you could sew, sew, sew.

asimplelife 01-03-2014 01:18 PM

I am not a domestic diva in the slightest so am lucky to have a friend who loves cleaning my home and peek at my quilts too! I can follow a recipe but cooking doesn't make my day but we get by. Less is more and I'd rather make things or curl up with a book.

tessagin 01-03-2014 01:31 PM

My house always gets a lick and a promise to do better the next time. My furbaby Brutus likes to play on his back with his toys so he's like my little Swiffer. He gets a good brushing. When the sink gets full the dishes get washed. I am not "Debbie Domestic" nor Betty Crocker. When steaks are on sale I buy up a bunch. Supper for DH in 8 minutes. That is the best meals in 30 minutes I can do other than company stew. We are not clothes horses so not many loads. We try to keep things simple. I go to my sewing room or computer and he goes to the tv after supper. He has been helping me cut up jean squares though. He's been on a pizza binge. That doesn't hurt my feelings. Dixie, Ziploc and Mr. Reynolds are always welcomed to the table. They help cleanup under 5 minutes. If I can't get cleaning done in 30 minutes or less I promise to do better the next time if I have time.

quiltingeileen 01-03-2014 01:35 PM

When have you ever read an obituary that said "Oh she kept such a clean house"? Me either. My house is clean enough to be healthy. We will be remembered for love of others and our warm and pretty quilts.