Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Flooring in sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/flooring-sewing-room-t241851.html)

Riverton Quilter 02-23-2014 09:40 PM

Flooring in sewing room

I'm repainting and adding storage cabinets to my sewing room. I currently have carpet on the floor. It needs restructuring and a good cleaning. However, the threads that don't make it to the garbage can really mess up my vacuum. Thinking about installing a laminate wood flooring. The room is upstairs and not a cold space. Does anyone have experience having made this switch, do you like it? Can't wait to show my before and after pictures of my space.

quilter1 02-24-2014 02:50 AM

I have laminate flooring in my studio and I am happy with it. Pins are easy to spot, and the floor is easily swept or vacuumed.

NJ Quilter 02-24-2014 02:56 AM

My sewing room has hardwood floors and I have an area rug in the center of the room under my cutting table. Makes standing more comfortable. We installed vinyl plank flooring in our DR in the last year or so and I must say, I love it. Easy to clean, lifetime warranty, waterproof, etc. In fact, DH and I were just talking last night about possibly putting this in the BR with some area rugs vs replacing the wall to wall carpet. Think we're going with the carpet in there as he's a bit concerned about trip hazard with the area rugs when he gets up for fire/squad calls in the middle of the night.

helou 02-24-2014 04:22 AM

I got rid of all the carpet in my house. the last one went 2 weeks ago and it was in the stairs leading to the basement where my sewing room is. I have laminated flooring in my sewing room and hardwood flooring in some other area and I love it.

Krystyna 02-24-2014 04:24 AM

A few years ago we tore up our carpet and put in floating vinyl wood planking. I loved it. We lived near the beach, had too dogs and, of course, lots of thread and snippets. A breeze to clean up.

tennesseesews 02-24-2014 04:27 AM

We took out all of the carpet except for our bedroom. Laminate throughout the rest of the house and I love it! I move our furniture often and this flooring doesn't scratch. Would never go back to carpeting.

Joset 02-24-2014 05:10 AM

we took all carpet out of our house also except for the tv room. love my hardwood
floor in my sewing room.

Debbie C 02-24-2014 05:40 AM

I have porcelain tiles in my entire lower level where my quilt studio is located. Any type of hard surface flooring is ar better, IMHO, than carpeting. Easy to clean, easy to see pins/needles. Go for it!!

ljs317 02-24-2014 06:13 AM

Love, love my laminate flooring!

QuiltNama 02-24-2014 06:54 AM

Love my wood floors and this summer the carpet comes out of the living room and in goes wood or laminate. It's the only room left with carpet. My sewing room wood floor, area rug under cutting table for comfort on feet.