Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My 301 collection is complete??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-301-collection-complete-t242449.html)

Candace 03-03-2014 02:34 PM

My 301 collection is complete???

2 Attachment(s)
This weekend I was able to pick up 2 more 301's. The two-tone is actually a duplicate of one I have already...but the longbed black has been my missing puzzle piece. I now have at least one of all the different short bed/ long bed color combinations. Does this mean I can stop at 6? I know I've sold at least 6 this year, so they seem to find me. I guess the only one I don't own is a centennial badge. But, I've been searching for a decent longbed black machine for a while.

Macybaby 03-03-2014 02:41 PM

I'm in need of a two-tone short bed LOL!! (ok, not "need" but for sure "strong want") besides, I have the cradle to put on in a cabinet, but no machine that fits.

I've got a black long bed and a beige long bed (actually three, but I'm only keeping one of them).

The problem seems that while looking for that one or two "Missing puzzle pieces" we find all sorts of other interesting machines!

Candace 03-03-2014 03:39 PM

It's very rare to find a black long bed in my area. I see the two tones and mocha short bed frequently. The mocha short bed being the most common. And once in a while the long bed mocha. I was able to get that one years ago without much work. The black long bed has been a very elusive catch!

Mitch's mom 03-03-2014 03:45 PM

On another board I saw a Frankenstein black 301. The guy took the oyster white top, light cover, face plate and hand wheel off a mocha and put them on a black 301. I loved it. I know it wasn't natural but it really looked sharp.

Candace 03-03-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom (Post 6607438)
On another board I saw a Frankenstein black 301. The guy took the oyster white top, light cover, face plate and hand wheel off a mocha and put them on a black 301. I loved it. I know it wasn't natural but it really looked sharp.

Yeah, I'd pass on Frankenmachines;>

Sunflowerzz 03-03-2014 05:47 PM

Those are just fabulous. Wouldn't mind having them in my collection.

libby2595 03-04-2014 05:18 AM

* jealous!

Macybaby 03-04-2014 09:16 AM

My black long bed came from an Omaha estate sale - and was bought by mistake. My coworker's wife owns an antique shop, and they got to a lot of sales. They saw a black "portable" singer with a card table and thought "Featherweight" and bought it up for resale.

They like to ask me about the sewing machines they get - and they sent me a text picture - and I informed them it was no FW - but that I was interested (thought I was not in the market for a FW).

They brought it home and I checked it out and we came to an agreement - so technically I'm the third owner, but only the second user.

They now have pictures of what a FW actually looks like. I don't think they would have bought it if they'd known what it really was, so it worked out fine for me.

abdconsultant 03-05-2014 04:30 AM

Love the black.......

amcatanzaro 03-05-2014 04:51 AM

Very nice.

I'm still waiting for mine. I keep finding Kenmores instead.