Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   tin lizzie trouble (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/tin-lizzie-trouble-t242689.html)

ljfox 03-06-2014 06:09 PM

tin lizzie trouble

My tin lizzie drives me nuts every tme I use it. It races when it first starts up. Now it doesn't stop when I stop moving using the lizzie stitch. It also won't stop about haf the time when I push the stop button. I have to reach back and shut it off to stop it. Any advice from the fellow tin lizzie users would be extremely helpful.

Cindy60545 03-07-2014 03:26 AM

Have you talked to your dealer/repair person? Have you called Tin Lizzie? There is a Yahoo group just for Tin Lizzie owners that you might want to join. Lots of info there. I have a TL also & customer service is very good. Give them a call.
Have you been oiling in the proper places? TL's love their oil. You may not have oiled enough. But give TL a call.

marymay 03-07-2014 04:01 AM

Hope this helps you. Here is web site. [email protected]

lbrtysrf 03-07-2014 05:08 AM

I have a Viking made by Tin Lizzie and have had nothing but trouble with it. There is no one to fix it near where I'm at. Would never buy another one.

duckydo 03-08-2014 04:38 AM

I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I have heard lots of bad reports on tin lizzie's. If you haven't had it very long, I would demand they take it back. I did that with a stretch machine that I bought at a quilt show. I had to pay a restocking fee. but I took my money and did a little research and bought something else.

bstroud51 03-08-2014 05:54 AM

Tin Lizzie on Drugs

Originally Posted by ljfox (Post 6613160)
My tin lizzie drives me nuts every tme I use it. It races when it first starts up. Now it doesn't stop when I stop moving using the lizzie stitch. It also won't stop about haf the time when I push the stop button. I have to reach back and shut it off to stop it. Any advice from the fellow tin lizzie users would be extremely helpful.

I purchased my Tin Lizzie with the Shirley Stitcher and my life was a living hell. They replaced it with the Shirley Stitcher II and life was no better. I finally had to buy a box for $150 (dealer took mine) and shipped by at my expense to Tin Lizzie. Three months later I finally got a machine back (not mine - serial numbers not the same) but it works like a charm. I have been really turning them out.

I understand that Tin Lizzie is no longer accepting new dealer but have open learning center. There is one coming to Atlanta, GA.

kbeuchert 03-08-2014 06:09 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie and have never had the problems you describe. I have never used another machine so I can't compare but watching videos etc.. I think the Tin Lizzie may be a little rough. However, It is a lot less expensive than some of these other machines and is what I could afford. Overall I am happy with my machine. I have found customer service to be a little difficult, but I did eventually get help when I had a problem. My dealer is about 220 miles away but he is available by phone when I need him. I also found a lady, again, about 220 miles away that is very knowledgeable about Tin Lizzie and is always willing to help if I call her. Keep trying to get customer service. Try asking for Gregg. He is the one who helped me when I called and I could easily understand what he was telling me to try. Hope you get it going good for you!

khquilter 03-08-2014 09:30 AM

I have the queen quilter with the shirley stitcher and have not
had any problems with it. The queen quilter is the tin lizzie before
the lizzie stitch. I have also had good service anytime I have called
Greg or the people that make the Shirley stitcher.

ArchaicArcane 03-08-2014 10:57 AM

I don't own a TL, but I can tell you that what you're describing sounds like a problem with the switches you use to start and stop, or the electronics that the switches control. I would definitely contact your dealer or Tin Lizzy.

Having to reach back to shut it off when it's out of control (you can't stop it otherwise) is detrimental to your quilts and you can be hurt as well.

pipsqeak 03-09-2014 02:53 PM

tinlizzie

Sounds like your encoder is reading wrong or the main board has a problem. Contact your dealer and they should be able to fix it.