Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Like I need a new project! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/like-i-need-new-project-t243556.html)

Dotha 03-19-2014 09:45 PM

Like I need a new project!

As if I needed something more to do, I ordered three new projects. On top of that we are redoing our kitchen and I am recovering from surgery. Why do I do that? I keep saying that the one project will be for my son for his office for Christmas. The other two will be one for me and one for my long lost bff that is not found. yay. I have many PHD's. Projects half done. My son makes money with his PhD. It seems my PhD's just make more mess and clutter in my life. I know most of you can relate.

Dotha 03-19-2014 09:47 PM

That is NOW found....my bff is NOW found.

Originally Posted by Dotha (Post 6635655)
As if I needed something more to do, I ordered three new projects. On top of that we are redoing our kitchen and I am recovering from surgery. Why do I do that? I keep saying that the one project will be for my son for his office for Christmas. The other two will be one for me and one for my long lost bff that is not found. yay. I have many PHD's. Projects half done. My son makes money with his PhD. It seems my PhD's just make more mess and clutter in my life. I know most of you can relate.

nellie 03-19-2014 09:54 PM

I hear you

dunster 03-20-2014 06:43 AM

Relax. You're a quilter. It's normal.

quiltstringz 03-20-2014 06:56 AM

Sounds pretty normal to me. Seems like lately if I have fabric and a pattern I am done! LOL

AnnieSue 03-20-2014 08:04 AM

Recovering from surgery? Of course you need a new project!!

RoseB 03-20-2014 08:53 AM

I remember the last time my husband complained about all the projects I have going I told him "If you can honestly show me one quilter who does one project at a time then I'll try." Needless to say, I've got quite a few going right now, although I am trying to get most of them finished before starting anything new.

MaryMo 03-20-2014 09:05 AM

I read 3 or 4 books at a time, why should quilting or sewing be any different?

maminstl 03-20-2014 09:42 AM

So I've got about 3 projects right now that I'm working on. Yesterday I was fooling around on the interent and stumbled over this Farmers Wife project, so of course I bought that right away. Then, at home last night out internet was out so I was reading my Precision Piecing book. I've read it before, but it appears as if the blocks in that book are the same size as the Farmers Wife blocks, so I made the first block this morning before work. So, here I am at work now and for the first time, hexies have caught my interest - no idea why, but I've been sitting here cutting out hexi papers and can't wait to get home and give it a try. I'm all over the place right now. I try hard to complete projects, so am hoping this latest obsession doesn't send me right over the edge.

Raggiemom 03-20-2014 10:57 AM

I find myself buying more fabric and patterns although I have plenty of both to last me quite a while! It's an addiction :)