Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 2014 Block of the Month (Lattice Block) Directions and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-2014-block-month-lattice-block-directions-discussion-t244317.html)

patricej 04-01-2014 11:04 AM

April 2014 Block of the Month (Lattice Block) Directions and Discussion

1 Attachment(s)
Woops! I nearly let the day go by without posting this! :shock:

Please consult the attached instructions to construct this 12-inch variation of the Lattice Block.

Do not hesitate to ask if anything in the instructions is unclear or seems to be in error.

[NOTE: There were some errors in the original file. Thanks to QuiltnNan's eagle eye the file has been corrected. If you downloaded the earlier version, you'll want to download the one posted now (0911am 4/6/2014).]

SulaBug 04-01-2014 12:52 PM

What a great block for April!! :D I can hardly wait to get started making one, for my 2014 collection. Thank you for putting together the instruction's for this block!!
:D :D :D :D

gramquilter2 04-01-2014 02:13 PM

Thanks, PatriceJ, this looks like a fun block.

QuiltnNan 04-03-2014 06:27 AM

i love the lattice look... i may join you on this one. yours looks great, patrice

QuiltnNan 04-06-2014 05:49 AM

Thanks, Patrice. I'm posting my finished 4-blocks on the pictures thread. Now I have to figure out what I will do to completely finish the quilt.

Hulalulu 04-06-2014 09:47 AM

Saw those great photos in Pictures, and downloaded the revised PDF File, and loved what Patrice has done with her already completed with 16 blocks. Had one quick question -- how much of each fabric for 1 block? Maybe missed this somewhere, did not catch the amount of fabric needed.....thanks so much for posting these, it's another great resource for all us quilters!

patricej 04-06-2014 10:15 AM

I didn't provide fabric estimates. One block doesn't use much. I doubt you'd need even a fat eighth of each color. You could probably make it from scraps.

When i made the 16-block top, i started with one yard each of Fabrics B thru D; 1-1/4 yard of the background.
I had leftovers from B thru D, but used up every bit of A (because of cutting errors.)

Hulalulu 04-06-2014 10:23 AM

Thanks so much -- a starting point is always wonderful. Like yours so much that I plan to use scraps for one block, and then dig through the stash to select fabrics for a larger one.... I teach a class or two a year at the LQS, and this would be a great project!

Debthequilter 04-14-2014 02:31 PM

Is there a way I can get the bom for this quilt so I can quilt it with you guys? 'm new to the site and to quilting. I have tried a little pp but your block lattice variation is wonderful! can I join Please

patricej 04-15-2014 01:10 AM

go to the first post in this thread and download the instructions for the lattice block. :)

we'd love you to jump in and join us! :)