Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fat Quarter Shop Coupon Code? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fat-quarter-shop-coupon-code-t247154.html)

Skittl1321 05-21-2014 06:51 AM

Fat Quarter Shop Coupon Code?

I was wondering how often Fatquartershop has coupon codes.
I really want to buy one of their 12 pound grab bags, but when I browse the internet, everyone seems to talk about having got it 20% off ($55). With shipping it is $80, and I think it would be a lot more palatable at $65!

Does anyone know of a code, or a pattern to when they release codes?

I really want to build my fabric stash, and love grab bags like this. Per pound it's a decent deal, because Fabric.com almost doubled the price of their 3-pound grab bags (and no longer seem to use coupon codes...I haven't gotten one in ages) but I'm not real familiar with the store, so I'm wondering about the coupons.

Shayla 05-21-2014 06:57 AM

I think they just have general sales at 20% off on their entire website. I think they just did that last week (wish I thought to get one of their grab bags!). I shop there occasionally, but haven't ever received a special code like that. --S

Jeanne S 05-21-2014 11:48 AM

I have never seen a coupon for The Fat Quarter Shop but have bought from them several times. Would love to find a coupon!!

Skittl1321 05-21-2014 12:55 PM

Thanks! Guess I'll have to keep a look out for the 20% off the whole website.

I did cave and buy a bag though. All the reviews made it look like good useable fabric, and it will still be under $4 a yard, even if I get a small amount of fabric, and maybe even around $3 :) (I had thought about just buying random clearance fabric in a make your own grab bag, but most was still over that price at the different stores I looked at!)

tallchick 05-21-2014 02:15 PM

I have been shopping there for 3 years and have only received one coupon for 20% off, and trust me I did use it!!! I have purchased several of their grab bags and have been very very pleased with what I got!! If you like batiks keep an eye out for their batik grab bags, I have 3 of them that I purchased but they were pricy but I felt it was worth the price, and I got very large pieces. They are one of my "go to shops" when I order fabrics.....

Peckish 05-21-2014 02:47 PM

Sometimes if you google the name of the shop and "coupon", you'll find unadvertised coupons.

Skittl1321 05-21-2014 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 6725915)
Sometimes if you google the name of the shop and "coupon", you'll find unadvertised coupons.

Yeah, I tried this, no luck.

Anitawiley 05-26-2014 02:43 AM

Try ddapron

carslo 05-27-2014 09:23 AM

Both times that I have purchased the grab bags it was with the 20% coupons, there was one on Black Friday and the other was in the early spring. Usually someone posts here on the QB when the coupon comes available. Or try checking back each week - a pain but it can be worth your while!

carslo 05-27-2014 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Anitawiley (Post 6731332)
Try ddapron

This coupon worked today!