Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/white-rotary-treadle-parlor-cabinet-t248388.html)

Prim Quilts 06-13-2014 10:41 AM

White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet

Okay, so I just purchased a White Rotary Treadle machine that sits in a beautiful cabinet. I usually don't spend too much on my machines and paid more for this one than I would have normally. But, I have always wanted a parlor cabinet (I don't have one.....have two other treadles though). The last patent date is 1913. I can not pick it up until Monday, so I can't look at it or pet it etc... The thing is the machine looks brand new.........I can tell it is old and not a repro, but the decals are pristine and the cabinet is like new with the exception of one corner on the top. I am thinking that was caused by someones hand. It has a belt and it does go up and down. I didn't have my normal thread etc... with me to try it out. Not frozen. The thing is............now I am wondering if I just got another machine that I can't get needles for or if it takes a regular easy to get, doesn't cost an arm and leg needle. Does anyone know? By the way, I have NO idea where I am going to put it. My 18 yo daughter was with me and told me that she wants that machine someday and she will buy it off of me. Of course, she is going away to college this fall to major in pre-med.......so who knows when she will ever have money. She is also the one that has cabbaged onto my white featherweight.

jlhmnj 06-13-2014 11:12 AM

Sounds like you have a White Family Rotary. I've never owned one but have only heard good things about them. They use the common 15x1 needle and bobbins are still available new or used. Love to see some pics once you pick up as it sounds like a real beauty. Enjoy

Jon

Prim Quilts 06-13-2014 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 6757314)
Sounds like you have a White Family Rotary. I've never owned one but have only heard good things about them. They use the common 15x1 needle and bobbins are still available new or used. Love to see some pics once you pick up as it sounds like a real beauty. Enjoy

Jon

Thanks, Can't wait to get it home to play with it. Need to figure out where I am going to put it. I found a machine online that looks just like it. Interestingly, the decals on it are also in great shape. Don't know if I can figure out how to get them on here or not.

Prim Quilts 06-13-2014 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]479013[/ATTACH]
This is what it looks like, but this isn't the one I bought.

SteveH 06-13-2014 03:41 PM

My DD is selling that exact same machine and cabinet right now... (in 80% of that condition)

It has been a great machine, but she fell in love with the Singer handcrank and does not have room.

Your's looks AWESOME!!

Prim Quilts 06-13-2014 03:57 PM

Oh, I'm wanting a hand crank too.

SteveH 06-13-2014 04:01 PM

Yeah, I have not had a person yet who tried to use the hand crank machines who didn't want to make that their primary method (for day to day sewing, not necessarily for big projects). It is JUST so much more control than motor driven machines.

Jeanette Frantz 06-13-2014 09:51 PM

Wow! That's a beautiful machine. It appears that most of the decals are intact! And, the cabinet is exquisite!

Jeanette

sunny42539 06-14-2014 10:40 AM

White machine

Originally Posted by Prim Quilts (Post 6757267)
Okay, so I just purchased a White Rotary Treadle machine that sits in a beautiful cabinet. I usually don't spend too much on my machines and paid more for this one than I would have normally. But, I have always wanted a parlor cabinet (I don't have one.....have two other treadles though). The last patent date is 1913. I can not pick it up until Monday, so I can't look at it or pet it etc... The thing is the machine looks brand new.........I can tell it is old and not a repro, but the decals are pristine and the cabinet is like new with the exception of one corner on the top. I am thinking that was caused by someones hand. It has a belt and it does go up and down. I didn't have my normal thread etc... with me to try it out. Not frozen. The thing is............now I am wondering if I just got another machine that I can't get needles for or if it takes a regular easy to get, doesn't cost an arm and leg needle. Does anyone know? By the way, I have NO idea where I am going to put it. My 18 yo daughter was with me and told me that she wants that machine someday and she will buy it off of me. Of course, she is going away to college this fall to major in pre-med.......so who knows when she will ever have money. She is also the one that has cabbaged onto my white featherweight.

You will love this machine. I love mine and I just use regular needles

Wanabee Quiltin 06-15-2014 05:51 AM

I sold my hand crank, just could not imagine turning that wheel and trying to sew too.