Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilter's Cruise Control or Grace? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilters-cruise-control-grace-t248819.html)

AllyStitches 06-21-2014 08:35 AM

Quilter's Cruise Control or Grace?

If you use a stitch regulator, which do you prefer? I'm researching Quilter's Cruise Control and Grace. I will be using it on a Janome 1600P QC and a New Joy Gold Standard.

Peckish 06-21-2014 10:06 AM

That was the exact same setup I started out with - Janome 1600 on a New Joy Gold with a Quilter's Cruise Control. It was adequate. I don't know what "Grace" is. I ended up getting frustrated with having only 5" to quilt in, so I got a larger machine.

AllyStitches 06-21-2014 10:38 AM

Ok. Thank you!! I know I will need a better set up someday, but this will be ok for the time being. You have to bring hubby along in stages, if you know what I mean! :thumbup:

stella63 06-21-2014 11:16 AM

I've got the grace sure start regulator on a Janome 1600pqc and a grace pro frame . I'm pleased with it, it is frustrating only having a 5" quilting space. I've got a Bernina 830 that has a larger throat and the Bernina regulator but the diva is so heavy and she is a diva from time to time so I haven't put it in the frame . So I'll stick with the 1600p. ...for now !

QuiltnNan 06-21-2014 02:52 PM

i used the QCC with my Juki on a Hinterberg frame. I sold the setup before leaving MN. I've now bought a Bailey with their regulator and will be setting it up next week... getting so excited.

CurliQ 06-21-2014 03:07 PM

Thanks for this conversation. My old Viking is getting pretty tired and I'm looking around. My eldest child is moving to Japan for a couple of years so I think I might have the room now!

AllyStitches 06-21-2014 04:21 PM

I'm so excited to hear everyone's input on this! I just can't wait to get set up and going. My folks were here for a visit the last couple of days, and I gave my mom an unfinished quilt that I had that was just causing me so much frustration. It was a nice quilt but the quilting was just terrible, and then the backing got folded while I was trying to push it through my Baby Lock. Every time I looked at it, it just made me feel awful. (She was thrilled, even after I showed her all the ugly spots!) She's going to finish it and enjoy it. I just really can't wait to finish a quilt top and know that when it's all quilted, it isn't going to ruin everything.

xsquilter 06-22-2014 04:21 AM

This is a timely conversation for me. I've been looking at the Janome 1600p. I darn near bought it last weekend at the Quilt Canada show. The vendor is located in my city so I can easily go there to purchase. I was hesitant because that's just my "style". I rarely jump into purchases like this! Drives Hubs batty. Anyway, it sounds like it's a good machine & I can use it on my Grace frame.
If anyone can add anymore info, positive or negative, I'll be watching this thread. Thanks
Maureen

AllyStitches 06-22-2014 09:17 AM

Does anyone have tips for setting up the quilting rack? I'm hesitant to post yet another question (being new, I don't want to be an annoyance!) I feel a little overwhelmed thinking about how to attach the leaders (should I buy nice pre printed ones?? My spending on getting set up needs to be contained at some point, but I want to do it right.) Tips on getting my machine snuggled in?

I'm trying to be patient and not get ahead of myself. There is so much work to be done before I can be needle ready, not to mention the fact that my son needs to finish moving his things out. ;-)

AllyStitches 06-22-2014 09:18 AM

I'll let you know what I think! Mine is set to arrive tomorrow. I'm watching the tracking like crazy. I'm not obsessed or anything. ;-)

Originally Posted by xsquilter (Post 6768692)
This is a timely conversation for me. I've been looking at the Janome 1600p. I darn near bought it last weekend at the Quilt Canada show. The vendor is located in my city so I can easily go there to purchase. I was hesitant because that's just my "style". I rarely jump into purchases like this! Drives Hubs batty. Anyway, it sounds like it's a good machine & I can use it on my Grace frame.
If anyone can add anymore info, positive or negative, I'll be watching this thread. Thanks
Maureen