Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ACCUQUILT GO or NO? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-go-no-t248875.html)

pjnesler 06-22-2014 11:13 AM

ACCUQUILT GO or NO?

I've started looking at the Accuquilt Go to help with my fabric cutting - it looks like at would sure help cut faster, but is it really worth the money? What to you folks think that have them, or that have just been looking too? Thank you!

MizMelly 06-22-2014 11:17 AM

HI! I have an AccuQuilt Go, and I love it! Talk about precision cutting of shapes and strips!! Yes, it's an investment, but I love mine. I get wobbly when cutting strips, and this takes the "wobble" out of them! Perfect every time! I have cut flannel using the rag die, tshirt material using one of the flower dies, and of course I have cut many shapes and strips of cotton fabrics. I wish I had the extra cash to buy some more dies!

Dolphyngyrl 06-22-2014 11:21 AM

Its a good system but the dies and investment are very pricey and then you are limited to the size die you purchase. I have the small sizzix don't use it much as the dies cost. I just purchased a scanncut and am hoping it is more versatile as I think it will be

Onebyone 06-22-2014 12:02 PM

I have the Go and love it. My basic dies are years old and still cut like new.

Cam's gram 06-22-2014 12:10 PM

I love my GO. I wish I would have had it a long time ago. The cut precision is fantastic. The last quilt I use it for needed 1 1/2" strips 6 1/2" long. Used the strip 1 1/2" then put the strips in the 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangle and cut to length. Unbelievable reduction in cutting time.

Terri D. 06-22-2014 12:14 PM

There are definitely plusses and minuses. My friend's friend has one and the biggest criticism she had was the amount of fabric wasted. I've had no personal experience with the product, so her input is all I can offer.

quiltingcandy 06-22-2014 12:25 PM

I love mine. Look over the dies and see if they are of interest to your style of quilting. For me it is great that I can cut an entire quilt work of binding in one swift run through the GO. At Christmas I wanted to make a patchwork quilt of various Christmas fabric, using the double 5 inch die, they cut so quick and so easily. Mine came from the Road to California show a few years ago. They were having a special price on the machine and the dies and I was able to try it myself, when I got home and registered it on-line, they started sending me notices of sales and other things. So when there is a sale I can't resist I buy the new die. You don't have to buy them all at once.

quiltingcandy 06-22-2014 12:28 PM

I am able to use it without any more waste than with my rotary cutters or scissors. If you talk with them they can even show you secondary patterns from the dies.

Onebyone 06-22-2014 12:52 PM

I don't understand the fabric waste thing. I have no more then 1/4" around the die shape. Those that say that must be covering the whole die! I don't even use all the mat if I'm just cutting on one part of the die. I use the Go how I want to use it, I'm not afraid of it. I have cut everything that is possible to be cut with it, even foil and cellophane squares to wrap cookies and brownies for a bake sale. Felt shapes for the felt board at the library story hour. The large circle die cuts perfect fitting parchment to line my cake pans, the small circle die cuts the paper for muffin pans.

SlightlyOffQuilter 06-22-2014 12:58 PM

I LOVE my Go ! I have alot of the square and triangle dies that I picked up over time when they were on sale. My son has gotten into quilting, and I love that I can let him cut his pieces with the GO instead of the rotary cutter.