Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pinwheel quilt for my goddaughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pinwheel-quilt-my-goddaughter-t250131.html)

wpbmommy1 07-14-2014 10:53 AM

Pinwheel quilt for my goddaughter

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I'd like to share my pinwheel quilt that I made for my goddaughter. I didn't use a specific pattern, I just made pinwheels using the half square triangle method, four across and five down.
Fabric (front):Windham Fabrics Socky Collection layer cake + extra white yardage to break up the prints.
Fabric (back):A flat bed sheet that I had.
Quotes on back: Sharpie markers and fabric markers
Binding: black yardage
Label: white yardage with some interfacing behind it
Notes: This was the first time Stippling on my Baby Lock and except for the most obvious error (see back), I think it came out pretty good. I decided against trying to fix it should I make it worse.

So I made this for my goddaughter and I included it along with a ton of gifts (see pic) for her. She's five. I expected her to dive into the toys and fun stuff but I was hurt because her mom didn't even say anything about the quilt. On the back I carefully chose and wrote quotes for them, some of them including the origin of my goddaughter's name and a message from me to her. My mom is the same way, she could care less about quilts and thinks I'm wasting time and money when I work on them. Anyway, sorry, rant over. Please enjoy the quilt pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]483215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483219[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]483220[/ATTACH]

Tartan 07-14-2014 11:30 AM

Great quilt and backing!

QuiltnNan 07-14-2014 12:31 PM

very nicely done

marilynr 07-14-2014 01:00 PM

That is the most thoughtful quilt, with all the lovely writing on the back. Your little goddaughter will grow to
appreciate it once she learns to read & gets to know you better. Sorry her mom did not show appreciation, but your
love shines through. Love pinwheels.

Auntevie 07-14-2014 01:44 PM

I love your quilt! I really, really love the back. It is so personal, loving, and creative! What a lucky God daughter to have you!!!!!! Maybe she will be the one who grows up and appreciates how much love is put into a quilt. Regardless, tho, rather someone realizes or appreciates how much work is put into a quilt, is irreverent. All gifts, should be acknowledged and IMO any gift homemade (and thus from the heart) should receive an even more enthusiastic thank you.

wpbmommy1 07-14-2014 02:20 PM

Thank you everyone! I guess I wanted everyone to be as excited about the quilt as I was. I'm sure when she gets older she will. Thanks for the comments!

joyful1 07-14-2014 07:43 PM

This is such a beautiful quilt! Bless you for your thoughtfulness! You gave from the heart, and thats what counts!!!!!

ssnare 07-14-2014 07:46 PM

Very nice!!!

anothernancy 07-14-2014 08:30 PM

I bet she will love love that quilt! As soon as she finishes playing with all those new toys! What better than to wrap up on the couch and watch cartoons with her quilt!

SheriR 07-14-2014 08:39 PM

You are so generous and thoughtful! The toys look super fun for a five year old but the quilt is a gift she'll have long after the toys are gone! The sockmonkey fabrics are perfect and the backing you made is amazing!!