Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Oh My. Another Beauty For My Collection (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/oh-my-another-beauty-my-collection-t250430.html)

Blackberry 07-19-2014 02:06 PM

Oh My. Another Beauty For My Collection

5 Attachment(s)
This is a beautiful Gold Sewing Machine. The brand name is White which I did not have so I purchased this one. The lady who owned it purchased it in 1977 and apparently took very good care of it as this machine needed no cleaning or even oiling, has no scratches and looks to be almost brand new. The lady who sold it to me for $30 had it given to her by the original owner. It runs very quietly and makes a great stitch. It don't know anything about the badge Lint Cleaner. I only got the foot that was on it but it is a short shank so I think probably any of the short shank Kenmore, Brother, Singer, etc feet will work just fine. I am happy to have it in my collection, but it is definitely time to stop. I am now past the 50 mark and there is just no more room.

Mrs. SewNSew 07-19-2014 02:35 PM

Wow that is a beauty! Nice and clean! I do not understand the writing of front and back on the case bottoms. I have found them at the local Goodwill like that. I guess I am a clean freak and would rather turn it around if needed. :P

Hmm "lint cleaner". That's a new one on me too!

Blackberry 07-19-2014 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew (Post 6808753)
Wow that is a beauty! Nice and clean! I do not understand the writing of front and back on the case bottoms. I have found them at the local Goodwill like that. I guess I am a clean freak and would rather turn it around if needed. :P

Hmm "lint cleaner". That's a new one on me too!

You know I couldn't understand the back written on the case bottom either. I didn't figure there was any difference between the front and back of the case base but I could be wrong.

JudyTheSewer 07-19-2014 02:43 PM

Nice machine!

SteveH 07-19-2014 02:48 PM

that looks NEW....! congrats

miriam 07-19-2014 03:49 PM

Take the bobbin case out. Look on the machine where it was. Is there a thin red thing in there? That would be the lint cleaner.

mlmack 07-19-2014 04:26 PM

They wrote on the case so they would know which side was the front of the machine. Otherwise, it's a 50/50 chance of opening it up backwards and having to put the lid back on and turn it around.

Great looking machine!

J Miller 07-20-2014 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That's a nice machine. Love the color.

In case you or someone else needs a pic of a "lint catcher" here the one in my SEWMOR 15 clone:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484157[/ATTACH]
It the red crescent piece.

Joe

ppquilter 07-20-2014 06:49 AM

Nice looking machine!

Mrs. SewNSew 07-20-2014 10:17 AM

Wow Joe thank you for sharing that! I wouldn't have had a clue as to what that was!