Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   White 2275 ?? and todays junkinge cabinet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/white-2275-todays-junkinge-cabinet-t251585.html)

MichelleP 08-09-2014 03:07 PM

White 2275 ?? and todays junkinge cabinet

Today we borrowed a pickup to get an old white tredle cabinet. I found it in the soon to close junk shop and thought it would make a neat $20 table. Shop owner said he'd let me have 3 other machines for $20. One of them, the best, is a green white that was in a Sears case and very clean. It has a knee control, no belt, seems like it gets something like a tire on the motor to turn the wheel.

I can't find a bit of info on it. Where the serial # is has the # 2275 in bold, but nothing comes up online with that as a White model. It's such an interesting machine. I'd like to learn more about it. I'm going to try to get someone to post a pic for me from their phone this weekend to show it here, I know one of you will recognize it. Husband says it is industrial green in color/ finish. And he was mad at me for buying all.

That's was part of the junking fun. When I said I'd take the 3 machines away owner said he found the machine that goes into the tredle cabinet and that I could take it. It's a new companion tredle so not the one for the white cabinet, but I brought it home anyway.

Two of the three are older heavy kenmores in cabinets. I don't know what will become of them yet.

Rodney 08-09-2014 06:15 PM

I'm just going to ask that you don''t make any changes to the White treadle cabinet that can't be undone later. Congrats on your finds and I know I would love to see some pictures. A lot of early Kenmores were really Whites in disguise. They're probably great machines. People who have Kenmore machines seem to like them.
Rodney

MichelleP 08-09-2014 07:10 PM

The treadle cabinet is in very rough shape and missing drawers, what made me go back to get it is the lovely stand all intact and moveable. I won't do anything to it for a while yet. Now you've got me curious to check out the Kenmore's closer. I don't know if my finds are very good, but they are fun. I've not found a picture or any tidbit of info on the mean green white. Maybe ill have the only picture of one on line when I get it on.

jacie 08-09-2014 07:33 PM

I had my Kenmore in for a regular cleaning, and when it was returned to me , the man had evidently dropped the machine, maybe in delivery, NOW the bobbin winder does NOT work. He was very apolagetic, however, would not accept reaponsibility for the damage. NOWWaht/ I love that old machine, I got it new in 1971, nice cabinet ectd ... and works like a charm other than now no bobin winder.... can you help me?

MichelleP 08-10-2014 07:15 AM

What model is your Kenmore Jacie? I'm just looking at what I have today and cleaning them up. Maybe I can help.

Wow, you've had that machine since 1971!!

NopahDesertRat 08-10-2014 07:50 PM

Kenmores are great old machines. I bought one in 1959 and used it daily until 1975 when I got one to do decorative stitches and it is still sewing a fine seam. The first one I gave away, wish I had it back. I recently found a twin to the 1975 one in very bad neglected condition. With a lot of love and oil and polish it is running like new.

Ethel

NopahDesertRat 08-10-2014 07:54 PM

I forgot to tell you it is a Kenmore 158.19141. Runs so smooth and makes nice seams, and is so easy to thread.

Ethel