Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   “White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%93white-december%94-oh-sew-sweet-%91candy%92-2-5-charm-swap-t254479.html)

SheriR 09-28-2014 02:08 PM

“White December” Oh Sew Sweet ‘CANDY’!!!! 2.5" Charm Swap

Our most fun swap yet!! For those who love “Candy” aka: 2.5” Charms :D!

YES we call it CANDY, but this swap is not the “candy” you eat. We trade 2.5" squares (another size of postage stamp) in sets of 50 different 100% cotton fabrics. Limit is 15 cotton “Candy” sets per swapper.

:DMore CANDY news! Again. You can choose to do a ‘CANDY Twist’ of BATIKS! These will be 2.5” squares of 20 different BATIKS. Twist limit is 5 sets of Batiks “Candy”.

:DPM me your information (Real name and address) to sign up, and let me know how many sets (and twists, if you choose) you would like to swap.

For example:

SheriR - 15 Cotton sets, 5 Batik twists.
Sheri R…
2.5 Quilter Road
Quilting City, Texas 02213

:DSign-ups close November 15, 2014. Sets are due to me by November 30, 2014. I will swap them out, and get them back to you by December 24.

:DUse quality 100% cottons only! NO flannels, NO polys, NO homespun, NO eyelets. If in doubt of fiber content, leave it out! PLEASE SEND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE. BE SELECTIVE AND BE CAREFUL TO SEND ONLY 100% COTTON.

:DAll sets do not need to be identical. You can use what is in your stash! Each set does need to contain the right amount of DIFFERENT squares. (50 DIFFERENT cottons and/or 20 DIFFERENT Batiks) Please double check your counts…then count again. Remember, MORE is better than less.

:DMAKE SURE to trim off selvages before cutting your squares. Also try to be accurate in your cutting of the squares, so they DO measure 2.5".

:DPut each set of 50 (or 20 for BATIKS) squares in its own small, snack size baggies. LABEL each baggie with your board name and state you are from. For example, my baggies will say: SheriR – Texas

:DPut all your sets in a larger baggie with your board name, real name and address. This way if your envelope gets damaged the PO can return the contents to you.

:DInclude for me an address label with your return information so I can easily stick it on your return envelope.

:DInclude $5.70 for return postage. Tracking Confirmation is free when I print the labels at the USPS.com site. I will not return your swaps until I have exact postage from you to cover the charges. I WILL NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS! You can send me A PO Money order, cash or stamps, concealed in your package which ever you prefer. (NOT metered postage as some of these expire before I can get the packages back to you.) ALSO…if you send stamps, send $6.00 worth, it costs more to mail this way. Printing from the USPS site saves money but I can’t use your stamps, I have to pay.

:DMail your swaps to me anyway you choose. If you use the PO flat rate envelopes I would reinforce the seams with tape so they’re more durable while being shipped.

:D*PLEASE* I request you send TO me WITH a Confirmation/Tracking Number. This will alleviate any questions as to where your swap is.

:DI will return your swapped “Candy” in a bubble padded USPS Flat Rate Envelope which I order from USPS for free.

:DIf your sets cost more than what you sent me, I have no choice to hold them until I get the difference. Thanks for your understanding.

:DAgain…Sign-ups close November 15, 2014. Sets are due to me by November 30, 2014. I will swap them out, and get them back to you in December.

:D** If you’re shipping from outside the USA, please mail 10 days earlier (November 4) to make sure I get them in time. ** Send me a PM and we can make arrangements for payment of return postage if you will have a problem acquiring US$.

:DPlease feel free to mail your sets early, if you wish.

:DGeneral rules for swaps: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

:DIf you have any questions, concerns, or other "candy" swappy ideas please send me a PM.

:DHappy Candy Quilting ~ SheriR

:DApproved by PatriceJ

SheriR 09-28-2014 02:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9QLn7gM-hY

Honchey 09-28-2014 04:59 PM

Hi Sheri, I am so happy you are doing this again..will PM you shortly, Honchey

aborning 09-28-2014 06:09 PM

Thank for getting the next swap ready so quickly. I will pm you right now.

SheriR 09-28-2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6907600)
Hi Sheri, I am so happy you are doing this again..will PM you shortly, Honchey

Just juggling life. :D Glad you're in again. :D

SheriR 09-28-2014 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by aborning (Post 6907727)
Thank for getting the next swap ready so quickly. I will pm you right now.

Awesome!!!

letsquilt 09-29-2014 06:04 AM

Hi Sheri ,just sent info to you! I'm already!
I cut all of mine from 50 different fall colors I hope that is ok!

letsquilt 09-29-2014 06:07 AM

I might do Batiks will let you know on that one

sewbizgirl 09-29-2014 06:42 AM

I think I'm going to pass this time... it's craft fair season and going to get really busy before Christmas! Catch up with you all the next time. Have fun!

Cre8tvlwyr 09-29-2014 12:17 PM

Sheri, I'm definitely IN - but have one question.... you're calling it "White Christmas" - any stipulation on colors?? When I first saw it I was thinking blue/white but want to make sure I understand everything is ok
Gus

If I would have continued reading earlier before posting I would have noticed fall colors too - sounds awesome to me!! Man that Bing was thin!! (Actually built like my Dad who never weighed over 118 but was as strong as an ox)