Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello From Alaska (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-alaska-t25620.html)

Kathy Buell 09-17-2009 02:36 PM

Hello from Juneau, Alaska. My name is Kathy Buell and I have been quilting since my grandma taught me when I was 11 years old, wow that was 32 years ago. I have 3 beautiful grown daughters that have alwasys slept under quilts or afgans that I made. My oldest twin still sleeps with her baby blank. (she is 22 and married) I have been reading your posts and looking at the beautiful quilts that all of you make and thought that I would try posting a few of my own. Now, I want all of you to keep in mind that I am not a pro at quilting and I'm still learning with every quilt that I do. I like to piece my quilts on the mechine but I either hand tie them or quilt them by hand, mostly in the ditch. I have yet to have a perfect quilt top but my kids think the the flaws are what make them great and it is the love that I put in them that counts. Oh and by the way, I live in Juneau, Alaska and no I didn't vote for Sara P., she really isn't all that, really. Anyway, I will try to post some pictures of quilts that I have done over the past year or so. Wish me luck.

Darlene loves Chocolates 09-17-2009 02:41 PM

Hello....

I am in Arkansas and my friend, I met in my sewing circle lives in Alaska part time and here in Arkansas part time! She usually gets here late in the Fall, I am going to tell her all about you and this forum....I might even call her over the weekend, so she can join this forum before she returns to Arkansas. She is a very talented quilter like yourself.

Nearly certain, you will love this board....I DO!

Shemjo 09-17-2009 02:42 PM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! We all started quilting somewhere and have gotten better with time and experience! We LOVE pictures! :lol:

Kathy Buell 09-17-2009 03:13 PM

Thank You. Where in Alaska is your friend from?
I posted two quilts that I have done this year just a few moments ago.

Kathy Buell 09-17-2009 03:14 PM

It is true, we all have to start somewhere. I just posted two quilts that I made this year.
I'm hoping to learn a thing or two from eveyone here.

dvseals 09-17-2009 03:46 PM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

mountain-moma 09-17-2009 03:53 PM

Welcome from West Virginia so glad u join

Bayou Quilter 09-17-2009 04:17 PM

Welcome, I'm fairly new myself, but I spend a lot of time here (when I'm not sewing). I really enjoy the varied topics & seeing the great quilts being made. Enjoy!

Welcome from S. Louisiana....bayou country :)

Jim's Gem 09-17-2009 04:19 PM

Welcome Kathy, from Southern California! I have seen 4 of your quilts, they are beautiful!

seymoore 12-29-2010 10:26 AM

Welcome from Kansas! I was in Alaska in September, had the most amazing vacation! Juneau was rainy and cold, but I loved it! I am preparing to start a quilt of forget-me-not flowers. It's so precious, I love that flower!

I know you will enjoy this board, warning though - it is very addictive. :-)