Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I love my stash too much! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-love-my-stash-too-much-t256817.html)

barking-rabbit 11-15-2014 03:33 AM

I love my stash too much!

I have realized that I don't like using my stash. I picked all the pieces so carefully I just like looking at it. I'm afraid to use it. I have been making ten minute table runners and I have found myself purchasing fabric instead of searching my stash.

JustAbitCrazy 11-15-2014 03:50 AM

Make them into a quilt you can look at all the time on the wall or on a bed, instead of inside a drawer! Get over it, and then you can buy more!

Quiltngolfer 11-15-2014 05:02 AM

I am the same. I rarely use anything from my stash. This year I forced myself to cut waaaaay back on purchasing fabric. I shopped from my stash. It feels good to use it once you get started. The empty places on the shelves are telling me to SHOP!

PaperPrincess 11-15-2014 05:34 AM

I hear you! I just keep telling myself that's what I bought it for. But sometimes I think that I have to find the perfect pattern that will do justice to that piece of fabric and that pattern just may not exist ;-)

ManiacQuilter2 11-15-2014 05:59 AM

If you don't use it, what is going to happen to it when you die?? I don't want my favorite fabrics to end up in some bin at a resale store marked at a price of pennies on the dollar. I want my favorite fabric to be cherished by someone in a quilt. I guess they could wrap you up in it when you die. I am making a quilt to be buried in. Just hope I can get it done it time. So many charities I have been working on lately taking precedence over mine. Maybe THAT will be my new year's resolution.

pojo 11-15-2014 06:03 AM

Use it
enjoy making things from it

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-15-2014 06:14 AM

When is the last time a stamp collected used their stamps? If just having is not a space or financial hardship, why not just have it?

KwiltyKahy 11-15-2014 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6969436)
When is the last time a stamp collected used their stamps? If just having is not a space or financial hardship, why not just have it?

That's what I have been saying for years. Some people collect coins, some stamps, we collect fabric. having said that, some of the others are right, if you use it you can enhoy it in a quilt and a good excuse to buy more.

ube quilting 11-15-2014 06:22 AM

Just remember the large piece of fabric may be beautiful, but lonely for other fabrics to play with. Don't neglect the needs of your fabric to play.

Piece that beautiful fabric together and it will be even more beautiful. Trust your fabric!

peace

Terri D. 11-15-2014 06:48 AM

Oh dear. Just because you cut into it doesn't mean you no longer have it. Baby steps...try using just one thing from your stash in a project and work up from there.