Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-t258060.html)

Molly B 12-11-2014 06:30 AM

Embroidery Machine

I don't post often, so not sure If this is the correct procedure. I am looking to buy an Embroidery machine, Would anyone every buy an inexpensive Brother? Really don't want to spend a lot if I won't use it often. Just looking for some input. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have. Happy Sewing today.

Rose Marie 12-11-2014 07:08 AM

I have a cheap Brother that only does 4 inch designs. I love it and it was under $400.
Ive done lots of 6 in squares with 4 in designs. One is all teddy bears and the other is Mother
Goose designs. It would be nice to have a bigger hoop machine but the price is so much more.
Also have downloaded some pretty circle designs for a table topper.
The machine is easy to use and smaller than the big embroidery machines. Not interested in anything but quilting so it is fine for me.
One thing that a bigger machine can do is quilt blocks, which would be wonderful.

IrishgalfromNJ 12-11-2014 07:19 AM

I'm planning on buying a Brother PE770 (embroidery only machine) next year (about $600.00 on Amazon right now). I can't wait. I think it will be a good introductory machine for me since I've never used an embroidery machine before.

Neesie 12-11-2014 08:30 AM

I recently bought a Brother PE770 and love it! There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Brother brand.

BTW, I bought my PE770 from WalMart.com and had it delivered to my home. :)

Dolphyngyrl 12-11-2014 10:54 AM

many people have them and love them. I have no problems with my low end brothers

quilts4charity 12-11-2014 11:43 AM

I have had 3 Brother embroidery machines and love them, gave my little PE150 away last year and she was still doing great!!!

Molly B 12-11-2014 12:16 PM

Thanks so much for your input. That is what I will do. Glad I asked.

nena 12-11-2014 01:32 PM

Love my brother. only 4x4 hoop size but could not afford more. Would someday like to have a bigger hoop size machine, but for now this is great. Easy to learn and use. It was only 250.00 on sale, so I am one happy camper. I do go wild on sale designs. lol

PatPitter 12-11-2014 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 7003925)
I recently bought a Brother PE770 and love it! There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Brother brand.

BTW, I bought my PE770 from WalMart.com and had it delivered to my home. :)

Can you use any brand USB thumb drive? I saw a review somewhere that said you had to use a USB drive from Brother.

ibdee_ca 12-11-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by PatPitter (Post 7004365)
Can you use any brand USB thumb drive? I saw a review somewhere that said you had to use a USB drive from Brother.

Any USB can be used in a machine. There is a lot that can be done in the small hoop so look forward to it!! It's great learning curve you can carry up to a bigger machine later.