Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many Christmas gifts are you making? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-christmas-gifts-you-making-t26294.html)

collettakay 09-30-2009 09:43 AM

I was just thinking about how much I have to get done before Christmas, gift wise. I made a list. Here's mine. Let's see yours.

1. Blue and Yellow block swap quilt for my mom
2. 21 Aprons plus hotpads for various family members and our church ladies group.
3. 8 quilted book covers for my Bible study group
4. 3 Wallhangings for family gift exchanges
5. I was thinking about making fabric Christmas cards this year. If I have time and motivation.

jbud2 09-30-2009 10:03 AM

I am making hot pads to give to all the ladies in the my family when we have our big dinner. But a friend of mine - her family gift exchange is neat! Instead of exchanging names or gettingeverybody something they may not need, , they decided the only gifts the adults could exchange would be hand made. My friend made quilts for each of her children. One year she had a local artist paint each of kids a diffrent picture of the home farm. Her son does woodwork and made them all rolling pins! They were beautitful with the diffrent colored woods! This is a very talented family.

Rose Hall 09-30-2009 10:28 AM

The only Christmas gift I am making this year is a NY Yankees quilt for my husband. He found out about it the other day, but what he doesn't know is that I probably won't have it done by Christmas! Ha. the joke will be on him when it isn't under the tree.
Rose

pookie ookie 09-30-2009 10:44 AM

One or two.

Quilts for boyfriend and father. Dad's easy peasy. A sampler.

BF not so much. I already started (simple but all hand-pieced) his but it turns out he wants something completely different. The current WIP is now my present to me.

Darlene 09-30-2009 11:11 AM

Nothing quilty but maybe crocheted.

Boston1954 09-30-2009 01:41 PM

My list is very small, AND nearly finished.

I completed my Log Cabin that I am giving hubby,
and I am working on the UFO for the challenge, one binding is on. Three to go. May give this to hubby as well.

That's it for me, unless I decide to make him some place mats.

ginnie6 09-30-2009 01:57 PM

Three Sunbonnet Sues...one for my mother and each of my sisters. All are pieced and one is almost finished quilting.

A wallhanging for my MIL.....I hope!

momto4 09-30-2009 02:00 PM

Gosh... a lot. 3 quilts, 6 aprons, 6 table runners, 6 sets of potholders, a few casserole dish carries, going to try some totes, and a few wallhangings! YIKES!!!! Im scared now that I typed it all out! lol

MadQuilter 09-30-2009 03:09 PM

I'm probably the exception: I do not celebrate or acknowledge that *(&^*^ holiday in any way, shape, or form so ....no gifts. Makes life real easy in the fall. hehe.

Jim's Gem 09-30-2009 04:26 PM

I don't think I am going to make anything quilty this year. I have shoulder surgery on Nov 6 and won't be able to sew for a least a couple months. I have some UFO's I am desperately trying to finish before then.
DH will probably have to do the Christmas shopping this year!!!