Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Did anyone watch The Waltons long enough to identify Olivia's singer? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/did-anyone-watch-waltons-long-enough-identify-olivias-singer-t268459.html)

Beautiful_Sound 08-06-2015 12:21 PM

Did anyone watch The Waltons long enough to identify Olivia's singer?

It drives me crazy not to know! It looks like a 15-91 on a treadle. Then she gets a newer one later in the series.

ManiacQuilter2 08-06-2015 01:52 PM

I watched the Waltons when the show was originally aired during the 70s. That was over half of my lifetime ago.

Tink's Mom 08-06-2015 02:08 PM

I watch it sometimes on the Hallmark channel. I haven't looked at the machine, just knew they sewed. Will look closer next time.

pennycandy 08-06-2015 09:40 PM

It drives me crazy as well. They never really show it well enough for me to do a positive id. I've only seen it from the back side or in shadows. I do know it is not a 15-91 which has a potted motor. My best guess is that it could be a Singer 27 or 127. Funny story about the second machine, Cindy thinks she broke it but she only broke the needle.

tessagin 08-07-2015 02:35 AM

Saw an interview when they did the show about the quilt for the oldest daughter. They actually all worked on the quilt during breaks on the show. One of the older actresses had been working on piecing it between takes and on breaks. She had told them of the coming of age quilt. The writers built the story around that. Love the color of that quilt. thought it was one of the most beautiful quilts I had ever seen. Looked like a peachy pastel. Showed John boy helping his grandmother set the quilting frame up. Was really cool. Lot of things they did that I remember my grandmother doing.

CookyIN 08-07-2015 02:35 AM

I don't remember seeing the sewing machine, but I remember looking at the quilts on the beds and thinking how simple and pretty they were.

manicmike 08-07-2015 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7279405)
Saw an interview when they did the show about the quilt for the oldest daughter.

Mary Ellen. Boy, did I have a crush on her!

earthwalker 08-07-2015 09:49 PM

Ah memories.....I watched it in the 70's when I was young. Always wanted a 'Walton's family' but succeeded with something more akin to the 'Addams family'......sigh....

Cari-in-Oly 08-07-2015 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker (Post 7280175)
Ah memories.....I watched it in the 70's when I was young. Always wanted a 'Walton's family' but succeeded with something more akin to the 'Addams family'......sigh....

ROTFLMBO, I think our families must be related!

Cari

disijudy 08-08-2015 05:38 AM

Home and Family channel had a Walton reunion last week which was a lot of fun to watch. They talked about doing needlepoint. At the end Mary Ellen sang - great singer! I'm gonna try to find the quilting episode somehow and will post the link if I succeed