Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-sept-4-sept-7-2015-a-t269579.html)

Raggiemom 09-04-2015 04:16 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend - Sept 4 to Sept 7, 2015

Welcome to the Labor Day VQW. I hope lots of you will be able to join in quilting this weekend. I have a couple projects I would love to finish. However, I will be popping in and out as I try to do a few other things as well. But at a minimum, I have 2 quilts to finish and a fleece blanket I need to sew around. Then there are 4 or 5 cloth books that are Christmas presents that would be lovely to cross off the list. Especially since they need to be done by Thursday :) Can't wait to see what everyone is working on.

Sisty88 09-04-2015 05:06 AM

I wish I could join in but we're doing a manic decorating job on the house to get it ready to put on the market! I have already been without sewing time for about a week and am going a bit crazy! So I need lots of photos on here of everyone else's projects so I can get a second hand sewing fix please :-D

IrishNY 09-04-2015 05:10 AM

Wish I could but will be spending the weekend at a family wedding. Good luck making great progress to everyone who can participate.

kristakz 09-04-2015 05:13 AM

A long weekend VQW - I'm loving it!! I have plans - always plans :) Two quilts that must be quilted this weekend, and one of them bound so they are ready to be class samples next weekend. Then I hope to push a couple more of my own quilts through the long arm, just to make a dent in the pile of tops I have. In between the longarm activity, I hope to finsih a small wallhanging sample I've been playing with, make a few scrappy pineapple blocks, and finish a twister top I have cut out.

I'd better stop there - my list could be longer, but I'd like to have a chance of completing it :) I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

elly66 09-04-2015 05:17 AM

Hoping to get some baby quilts bound and piecing on two others - babies, babies everywhere around here! :) Ideally finishing the piecing on the last two but we'll see what DH thinks we ought to be doing for the weekend.

retiredteacher09 09-04-2015 05:27 AM

Thanks for hosting again. :).

I will be working on a child's jungle quilt for a pastor and his wife as they are decorating with a jungle theme. I want to get the top done but I need to do some problem solving on block patterns/colors before I sew more on it because I don't have enough of two of the fabrics to make all of the blocks. When I started experimenting with making patterns bigger by cutting the pieces with my new die cutter, I didn't have any one in mind for the top or the size of it. Now that I know who will receive it, I need to get it finished. Baby is due the end of October.

I will also be trying paper piecing for the first time as I need to get a wall hanging done for a niece and her husband's MN wedding reception on the 19th. I will be using fabric from my late MIL's stash. Because they live in Nicauragua, I am doing a wall hanging instead of a quilt because my niece said it's too warm for a quilt! :). Grandma didn't get all of the quilts done for the unmarried grandchildren so I'm trying to do that from her stash.

Finally, I will be sewing more blocks and rows together on a white, red, and blue quilt top as leaders/Enders for the other projects.

I'm excited to see what others are working on and I will post pictures eventually.

Connie

nanna-up-north 09-04-2015 05:45 AM

I'm just working on another needle turn block... LBB. But, this one is nearly done. I'll try to pop in some but having company (just the DSs) might keep me from participating much. Have fun!!

thimblebug6000 09-04-2015 06:02 AM

My DD asked if I would help her try to make some place mats for a friend; last night she chose the DP4 but I will need to do a few test sizes up in rectangles to see what might work for her. She will come Sun. or Mon. and "help" ... she doesn't sew and she has two active dogs... :D
Looking forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's projects.

cjsews 09-04-2015 06:18 AM

I think this is the first one I have been able to join in on. Got the housework done yesterday so I ready. I have a comforter to put new batting and back on. Then on to a fish quilt for a great nephew

luvstoquilt 09-04-2015 08:28 AM

I will in this time. I am hand quilting a quilt and I will cut out another one for my 10 yr old DGD. She is just beginning to sew and she loves it.