Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which fabric colors do you have plenty? Which colors/shades missing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-colors-do-you-have-plenty-colors-shades-missing-t271699.html)

beaqltr 10-31-2015 01:00 AM

Which fabric colors do you have plenty? Which colors/shades missing?

A comment in another thread has me wondering.

1. Which fabric colors do you have plenty of? Which colors are you missing. I don't mean colors you dislike. Just colors you haven't managed to buy enough of yet.

2. Do you have more light mediums or darks in your fabric collection/stash?

3. Which theme or print motif do you have the most of?

I have lots of shades of browns, blues and a lot of black TOTs. I never seem to have the right shade of purple/lilac/violet. I don't have enough greens or yellows.

I have more darks than lights or mediums.

Prints: 1. more child/baby prints than anything else. 2. butterflies 3. Christmas/winter 4. autumn

DresiArnaz 10-31-2015 01:04 AM

I have a lot of earth tones in varying values. No more red, pink or black to speak of since I did the heart quilt for my daughter.

I need more masculine fabric for my husband and son.

Maybe I'll go to the thrift store when the time is right and bag up some plaid shirts.

ManiacQuilter2 10-31-2015 06:32 AM

Over half of my stash is florals. I find I don't have that many browns, rusts or oranges since I seldom use them. I prefer bright colorful batiks for making charity quilts for kids.

beaqltr 10-31-2015 06:38 AM

DresiArnez - thrift shops are great for finding useful clothing and occasionally fabric.

Maniac - I don't have many batiks. When they first became popular, I wasn't crazy about them. Since there is a bigger variety now, I like them better. I only have 4 or 5 pieces.

I have a lot of floral fabrics too.

Quilty-Louise 10-31-2015 06:40 AM

For me I have about 3+ bins if blues.

I find that I have very little orange, in fact I have more browns
(which is my absolute WORST color), than I do of orange.

Don't have any (at least not knowingly) civil war era, or the 30's-50's
repo fabrics since I do not like either of them.

My 2 top favorite colors are purple & yellow I only have about 1 bin
of each color (maybe slightly more than 1 bin).

tessagin 10-31-2015 06:44 AM

I have a little of each from white white to very dark black black.

ube quilting 10-31-2015 06:45 AM

I never have the right shade or amount of any thing I want to use:D.

My stash has very little black, yellow and red.

I love fabrics with large roses and most of my quilts use a rose patterned fabric as my starting point.

Lots of green from spring to dark teal to forest.

I don't have enough polka dot fabrics.

I have more fabric than I could use in ten life times.

peace

Boston1954 10-31-2015 06:48 AM

At one time I had more blue than anything else. In fact some years ago I counted them and there were 289. I have since used a lot, but since it is my favorite color, I am betting that I still have more of that. I also gravitate towards the greens and browns. I love Earth tones. As to the prints, I think that is spread out a bit, but I do have a lot with animals and fish. It came in handy when I made an I Spy quilt for my Grand Nephew.

Tartan 10-31-2015 07:22 AM

I have some in most colours but obviously I use more green and blue. I am cutting scraps for a scrap quilt and I have a big pile of those colours and less of others.

QuiltingVagabond 10-31-2015 09:18 AM

I have a nice range, but after I make the new Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt I will need more black prints and neutrals.