Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you a pattern junkie? I am. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-pattern-junkie-i-am-t276076.html)

nannyrick 02-24-2016 12:19 PM

Are you a pattern junkie? I am.

I don;t know if anyone else does this, but I save every pattern I see and like on
my computer. The problem is I never make them. I just collect them.
Today I purged hundreds of them from my hard drive to free up some space. I
keep thinking I WILL make them at some point. I would have to take them to
eternity with me. I also do the same with recipes.
There must be a name for this obsession, LOL.:eek:

ManiacQuilter2 02-24-2016 12:26 PM

I too collect patterns in my computer. I only print the ones that I think I possible might make. :)

EasyPeezy 02-24-2016 12:29 PM

I found a use for all the quilt pictures I saved on my computer. Turned
them into my screensaver. Now I get to revisit lots of them. Fun.

Onebyone 02-24-2016 01:26 PM

I save them to Pinterest. They are all right there and not taking up space on my computer. Even the patterns I bought I scan and save online.

M.Elizabeth 02-24-2016 01:42 PM

I can certainly identify with you. I have hundreds of both quilt patterns and recipes saved on my computer - anything quilt-related that I like and recipes I think we would enjoy although I do very little cooking these days. So, yes, I guess I'm a junkie too!

LoriEl 02-24-2016 01:45 PM

Guilty! I always say "when I retire and have more time"! I still will never be able to make all the quilts and recipes I have already collected.

PaperPrincess 02-24-2016 02:28 PM

I don't have a lot of patterns, but I do have a ton of pictures. I go thru them at least once a month and delete the ones that were just passing fancies!

running1 02-24-2016 03:41 PM

OH, I'm right there with you, sister!!! I have so many patterns in many places...computer, Pinterest, notebooks, piles of patterns... sigh..... sometimes it's fun to leaf through them... but I'll never get them all made... Enjoy them!

CarolinePaj 02-24-2016 03:55 PM

Oh yes.... As the saying goes..... "got the tee-shirt".

Hugs

Caroline

GailG 02-24-2016 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by running1 (Post 7475996)
OH, I'm right there with you, sister!!! I have so many patterns in many places...computer, Pinterest, notebooks, piles of patterns... sigh..... sometimes it's fun to leaf through them... but I'll never get them all made... Enjoy them!

Whew! At last! Someone who saves patterns and pictures of quilts in notebooks!! I'm a computer duck and have never learned (or succeeded) in saving to the computer. If something comes through to my inbox, I've learned how to save those into folders, but others I print and store in binders -- lots and lots of binders. I'm hopeless. But I do enjoy flipping through them when I need inspiration. And no, I will never be able to make all of those I like.