Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   who are the two new people on F&P Love of Quilting???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/who-two-new-people-f-p-love-quilting-t276111.html)

luvspaper 02-25-2016 04:17 PM

who are the two new people on F&P Love of Quilting????

Usually at least one of either Fons or Porter -- lately there have been a couple of other people without either. I didn't love the daughter in the beginning, but she has grown on me. Not sure I like anyone else. Maybe just not a fan of change? Anyone heard any news of the future of the program?

tessagin 02-25-2016 04:19 PM

I don't watch it anymore because they don't show any of the quilting shows on PBS anymore.

QuiltingHaven 02-25-2016 04:51 PM

We still get Fons and Porter on PBS on Saturday morning. However, I have noticed that there are other people on more than the Fons and Porter folks...miss them. The other folks are well-known in the quilting field and they do share some new ideas. As well as at the end of the show, they still have the regular folks (mother and daughter) doing the special ideas about quilting.

Bree123 02-25-2016 04:53 PM

Mary Fons (the daughter) came & did a workshop at my quilt guild a few months ago. She is getting more into fabric designing now (http://springscreative.com/maryfons/) and announced maybe a year ago that she would be less involved with the show -- I believe she still does something in the magazine each month, but I don't get the magazine so I'm not positive. Liz Porter (co-founder, friend of Marianne) left the show quite a while ago & Marianne Fons (the mom) retired but still made a number of appearances on the show with Mary because they liked working together. The two of them also launched a new podcast on iTunes Quilt Your Heart Out.

Like Mary Fons, I don't own a TV so I'm not sure who is hosting these days -- but I believe they are guest hosts. I haven't heard that they've hired a permanent replacement or anything & I don't know whether the program will continue beyond this season.

yngldy 02-25-2016 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 7476980)
I don't watch it anymore because they don't show any of the quilting shows on PBS anymore.

You might see if you get CreateTV either on cable or over the air. They are not PBS. They just started showing it again on their station. It has been a few years. F&P is on Mondays and Fridays. Series 2500 I think they said. You can go to Createtv.com, put in info and find out if it is shown in your area. My Son lives in Ft Worth and gets the station OTA. I am even starting to like the daughter. She is not goofy like before.

Hope you can get it on your TV. Don't know about ROKU or the other new ways to watch tv.

JuneBillie 02-26-2016 01:49 AM

That is probably why I liked the mother and daughter together, because when I started watching the show that is who was on it, so I didn't know any different. I am a creature of habit for sure.

Battle Axe 02-26-2016 03:38 AM

Is createTV on satalite like Dish or Direct????

beckyboo1 02-26-2016 04:28 AM

I read on another thread that CreateTV is not on Dish or Direct. Makes me sad :(

Geri B 02-26-2016 05:52 AM

It appears that in my area at least create tv is channel 11 and F&P are on there twice a week...and here channel 11 is not a cable station..it's a network, so if you are direct to dish you should still be able to access ......I think anyway.

PaperPrincess 02-26-2016 06:25 AM

Your local PBS station purchases and runs the shows locally, so you may or may not get them. Create TV is a national feed, so they are on the same time everywhere (if you get Create). I understood that Mary (the daughter) was phasing out of the TV and her online Quilty videos due to ongoing health issues.
Patrick Lose (sp?) is associated with the F&P organization, I've seen a couple shows where he has hosted guests.