Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrap Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrap-swap-t277001.html)

MarionsQuilts 03-23-2016 12:11 PM

Scrap Swap

Hey all!

I have lots and lots of fabric scraps that I am dying to exchange with someone (or two!)

This weekend I will be going through two big bins of fabric scraps and sorting into three piles:

Pile 1 - a friend who like small scraps
Pile 2 - another friend who like small scraps but bigger than 4 inches, less than 6
Pile 3 - everything else

Pile 3 will be scraps bigger than 6 inches but less than a fat quarter (give or take!) - there will be solids, patterns and batiks in here!

Is anyone interested in doing a scrap swap?

If someone is interested, either post on here, or drop me a PM

I'll pay for shipping to you, if you pay for shipping to me! (I'm in Canada)

Looking forward to hearing from people!

Have a great day,

Marion

ube quilting 03-23-2016 03:09 PM

Hi Marion!!!!!! I have been sorting my scraps for close to ten years and I haven't caught up yet!

Between making quilts I am also sorting my colors into piles and will find new homes for those who need scraps but it will be a while before I'm even close to that stage.

You are a generous person.
peace

djmat 03-24-2016 04:55 AM

Love to do a scrap swap. May I be your friend in Pile#2? Working on PSQs, need about 7,000 more for no-repeats.
Just cut up all my little scraps into squares & need more! Have about 200 1.5", 100 2", 50 2.5" to swap out. Also have a some 5x5 squares (not I Spys) left from Farmer's Wife quilt. Let me know.
dj

MarionsQuilts 03-25-2016 06:36 AM

I have 5 piles done and ready to go! As long as we don't get the freezing rain they are forecasting for today and tomorrow, I will be able to send it all out tomorrow!!!!

I hope everyone has fun with this. My scrap stash is now obsolete (for a couple of weeks anyway!)

Ube and Rhonda - you two got the smallest pieces LOL

For Sheri, Karen and DJ ... you three got bigger pieces. They all fit in a big Ziploc bag!

Marion

djmat 03-26-2016 03:22 AM

I have 100 or more each of 3.5", 4.5", 5.5,", & 6.5", (over 400 total) squares/scraps to trade out for 1.5" - 2" squares or small scraps to gather for my 1.5" no-repeats Postage Stamp Quilt. Your message says you are sending me three bigger pieces, so that would give me just three charms for my quilt. If I am reading your message correctly, I would prefer to withdraw from this swap & should not be mailed anything. Please correct me if am wrong, thanks!
dj

djmat 03-26-2016 03:32 AM

To clarify, none of my squares/scraps are duplicates in their respective size. Please instruct me on what I should send. Thanks!
dj

moonrise 03-26-2016 03:45 AM

DJ - I've got a bunch of small scraps that would be perfect for 1-1/2" squares. If you're interested, I can go through them and weed out any duplicates, and see what they weigh. I could use some 5.5" squares, or pieces big enough to cut 5.5" squares from. Maybe we could trade weight-for-weight? It'll probably be Monday evening or Tuesday morning before I have a chance to go through them. :)

Edit: Actually, I'll need to send some extra, to make it fair, since these scraps are not already cut down to 1-1/2" size. There will be a little bit of waste after they're cut down, but not a whole lot. :)

djmat 03-26-2016 03:50 AM

Thanks, moonrise! I appreciate all the help I can get & will direct all my 5.5"s for you, no need to weigh it though.
hugs,
dj

moonrise 03-26-2016 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 7505139)
Thanks, moonrise! I appreciate all the help I can get & will direct all my 5.5"s for you, no need to weigh it though.
hugs,
dj

Sounds great! I'll send a PM by Tuesday morning and we can exchange addresses. :)

Mona G 03-26-2016 05:13 AM

I have lots of scraps in various sizes and colors. I would be interested in trading for strips for some string quilts I'm working on if anyone is interested please let me know what sizes and colors you are looking for.