Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Log Cabin in the Meadow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/log-cabin-meadow-t279177.html)

RedGarnet222 06-01-2016 11:10 AM

Log Cabin in the Meadow

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished this top and must go shopping for the backing before I can quilt it. I got in a hurry to make a donation quilt and bought a pre-cut kit that I changed up with some of my own moda fabrics to make it full of flowers and insects. Oh and the purple cabin squares was my batik fabric too.
I will never do that again! The triangles were all over the place in size. Not to mention it is a good thing I didn't have to follow any instruction. Really bad ... and Oh Man, what a total mess to piece! I am not saying any more than that. Yikes! What a challenge to just get all the different types of blocks to all mesh together properly. I had to add a border all around the middle old maids puzzle to get it the right size to fit with the other blocks. It was either that or trim down the other blocks which would have cut off every star point. Oh no ... not after carfully making sure they had them.

Okay enough whining .. Here it is. Get on your galloping horse ladies.

Jane Quilter 06-01-2016 11:22 AM

galloping horses,ha, I enlarged it. Used a magnifying glass. Its PERFECT. and I love it. If you get ANY complaints, mail it to me and I will snuggle under it forever. Don't be so self critical. Its beautiful.

QM 06-01-2016 11:24 AM

It is absolutely beautiful!! Your meadow is perfect. The purple squares are just right. The reason I design most of my quilts with QuiltPro is to avoid the headache you had adjusting someone else's pattern, but I would say that it was worth your trouble.

Red Girls Mom 06-01-2016 11:28 AM

Donation Quilt!!!!!!! I certainly hope you decide to give it to someone you know. It's absolutely beautiful!!! It could be a raffle at a family get together. Someone would really cherish it! Be sure that the person who receives it really understands how really special it is!! I guess I'm jaded because I made a beautiful quilt, at least I thought it was beautiful, just to find out later that it was used as a dog bed! Just say'n.......

cjsews 06-01-2016 12:06 PM

I love the blend of different blocks. That should bring a bundle in raffle $

Tartan 06-01-2016 12:07 PM

​Lovely top!

Bluebonnets 06-01-2016 12:21 PM

How beautiful!!

KARENBOUTQUILTIN 06-01-2016 12:24 PM

This quilt is really beautiful. I have tried ordering kits as well. It seems most of them are cut crooked or do not work out. My husband does my cutting now, and he said no more kits for him to cut straight. You did a beautiful job on this one.

ManiacQuilter2 06-01-2016 12:24 PM

Well, you must have fixed all your problems because this quilt is gorgeous! Get it quilted and then enjoy all your hard work.

Mariposa 06-01-2016 12:31 PM

A very pretty top! :)