Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   embroidery machine. Recommendations? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/embroidery-machine-recommendations-t283991.html)

Love2Craft 11-24-2016 08:09 AM

embroidery machine. Recommendations?

The screen on my 2170 failed so looking for a new machine...something in the $3-4K range. Suggestions?

newbee3 11-24-2016 08:15 AM

check out Husqvarna Viking the topaz I have does a great job I have a huge hoop

nvb50 11-24-2016 09:58 AM

Some of the Husqvarna Viking diamonds and rubies are on sale for your price. I love the Vikings

romanojg 11-24-2016 07:19 PM

You actually have lots of options in that price range, Viking, which are great. I got the NQ3500D from Brother this year because it had different hoop sizes and did Disney designs. Check out the dealers in your area if possible to test them out. I don't think you can go wrong with either Viking, Brother or Babylock. Just take your time and shop around and see what is out there and what features you would want to have. I have to have the different hoop sizes, needle up/down, auto threader, thread cutter, and the other thing these machines have in common is they play well with most threads. I use what ever I want.

Wanabee Quiltin 11-25-2016 05:43 AM

My DIL loves her Brother machines, she has two and they do a fantastic job.

nana2madmax 11-25-2016 06:38 AM

I just ordered a Janome 9900 after using my sister's. Sews like a dream and the embroidery is fantastic. On sale several places for 2499.00.

sewnsewer2 11-25-2016 06:59 AM

I have a brother 2800D & brother dream creator. Both are sewing/embroidery combos. Watch for sales or check ebay. I've bought a few from eBay in the past with no problems at all. I would also buy new. Do look for one with a larger screen tho, or you will be unhappy. Good luck.

vschieve 11-25-2016 09:54 AM

Both Viking and Pfaff have many variable models of embroidery machines in totally different price ranges. I love both of those brands.

kjdavis4 11-25-2016 08:38 PM

I love my Brother.

juliea9967 11-26-2016 06:15 AM

I had the 2170 and loved it. Traded it in for the Creative Vision and loved it. Traded it in for the Creative Sensation and absolutely love it. I would stick with a Pfaff if I were you. I have talked to a lot of people who have bought a different machine and were very unhappy about not getting IDT. My daughter was looking for her first embroidery machine a couple of years ago. She couldn't afford the TOL or Creative Sensation at the time but bought one of the cheaper Pfaff embroidery machines. I think it was called the Creative 4.0 or something like that. It was a whole lot cheaper than the TOL and it is still a great machine. She loves it, and I have used it many times when I was visiting, and it is a great machine.