Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I tried out a Brother Dream quilter 15 yesterday... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-tried-out-brother-dream-quilter-15-yesterday-t288031.html)

ginnie6 05-06-2017 05:47 AM

I tried out a Brother Dream quilter 15 yesterday...

at a quilt show and omg! I loved it. Does anyone have one? Can you tell me how you like yours? What is a ballpark figure on price also so I can start saving?

Peckish 05-06-2017 11:02 AM

Wasn't someone at the show able to give you a price?

I'd do a Lot of careful research first. I found several negative online reviews and comments about that machine, which is sad because I love my Brother.

quiltingcandy 05-06-2017 12:07 PM

A lot of times at the shows they keep the price a secret until they know you are absolutely hooked. They want to come up with creative financing so you don't realize what you are actually paying for the machine. Drives me crazy - because I don't want to fall in love unless I know in advance I can afford it.

Dolphyngyrl 05-06-2017 09:32 PM

I think it runs about 7k. I don't have one but want to get one next year

rryder 05-07-2017 05:13 AM

Is it a sit down or is it on their 5' frame?

bjdemir 05-08-2017 10:00 AM

If it is the top of the line model, it is around 15K. Call your nearest dealer and ask for sure. I have the 6500 model and it was 8K about 5 years ago. Love it!

mkc 05-08-2017 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 7818607)
Wasn't someone at the show able to give you a price?

I'd do a LOT of careful research first. I found several negative online reviews and comments about that machine, which is sad because I love my Brother.

From the specs and the photos, the Brother Dream Quilter 15 appears to be simply a rebranded Grace Q'nique/Block RockIt on the 5' frame that the Babylock Coronet is mounted on and is also sold as the HandiQuilter Little Foot Frame for the Simply 16.

There have been several complaints lately about electronics failing on the Q'Nique/Block RockIt on that machine's Facebook group.

If you like the idea of the 5' frame, look at the Coronet and Simply Sixteen more closely - they have a proven track record and a slightly larger throat space. Last summer, show prices on those two were around $5500, IIRC.

Michelle

Stitchnripper 10-15-2018 01:36 PM

I think I just looked at this machine on a table, today. It sewed nicely. I didn't buy it. Have to consider and test drive some others. Does anyone have a link that the Q'nique is made by Brother? I can't find one.

[email protected] 12-15-2019 07:53 AM

I looked at one yesterday. $5000 for the machine and stand. $4500 for the computer drive add on.

Onebyone 12-15-2019 08:09 AM

A good dealer will have the bottom line cost on the machine and how much each add/extra/accessories will cost per choice This is how the Brother dealer in my area does it. A big price sheet with itemized items listed per machine. How much if financing or how much if no financing. She said it saved her hours and hours of price talk.