Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I am upset (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-am-upset-t290377.html)

anne2016 08-11-2017 01:58 PM

I am upset

I had to take my PQ1500 for repairs...waiting list was long so I was without it for 2 weeks. Got it back yesterday and have been quilting for the last 3 hours. I was finished quilting the layers and decided to baste around the quilt perimeter before I stopped for the day. Going along great when out of the blue the machine stopped in the up position and won't move. Now I have to take it back in again.....more $$$$. Does anyone have any idea about what would cause this? It's not dirty and doesn't need oil. The quilting stitches I did today look good.

Prism99 08-11-2017 02:14 PM

Work is usually warrantied for 30 days, so this problem may be covered by what you already paid. The key is to call them right away about the problem, and keep your receipt. If they have email, report the problem in writing to them.

I really have no idea about what is wrong, but my best guess is that something broke inside the machine. Could be a spring, a gear, or .......

Edit: Also, when you call, point out that you were without the machine for 2 weeks and have had it only one day. Try to get them to put your machine at the head of the queue for these reasons.

anne2016 08-11-2017 02:16 PM

Yeah Prism. That's what my DH thinks too.

Onebyone 08-11-2017 04:28 PM

I just had my 1500 in the shop and it was about three weeks getting it back. It locked, wouldn't turn at all. The repair guy said it was the hook, he replaced it. I guess in the bobbin area. Then when he got it all back together and sewing the thread cutter stopped working. He had to fix that then the new spring on the reverse lever he put on popped off. He had to take it back apart to get to that. My total bill was $229. But the machine seems to sew fine. I am leery about the stitches looking a little off but I can't say for sure, probably not. But a machine once repaired seems to go down hill from what it once was.

Peckish 08-11-2017 04:34 PM

Have you checked the troubleshooting section of the manual? What have you tried so far - turning off & back on, etc?

anne2016 08-11-2017 04:45 PM

Onebyone...that is what mine is like. It's locked up.
I sure hope the warranty covers whatever needs replacing. I have put a lot of mileage on that machine. I like it a lot for actual quilting. It needs to be oiled a lot and I clean it on a regular basis.

anne2016 08-11-2017 04:46 PM

Peggi, I have tried all the basic things. I think it is something inside the machine.

twinkie 08-12-2017 02:43 AM

Sorry your are having so much trouble. However if there is a 30 day warranty it would only cover the repairs made. If it is something else, then another expense I would think.

SusieQOH 08-12-2017 04:47 AM

Oh how frustrating for you!! When I read your post I felt a huge groan coming on :(

meanmom 08-12-2017 04:55 AM

MY machine recently locked up on me. I was of course rushing to finish a t shirt quilt for a customer. It was late on Friday night. I had sort of promised it for Monday. Mine locked up with the needle down. I had a really hard time getting the needle out of the quilt. Something in the fly wheel assembly was loose. It was in the shop for almost 3 weeks. My DIL had my spare machine. She lives 1 1/2 hours away. I drove and got my machine from her. Good luck. It is so frustrating to have a machine down. Sewing is my therapy.