Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Home made cell phone holder to wear (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/home-made-cell-phone-holder-wear-t293343.html)

marilynr 12-15-2017 03:10 PM

Home made cell phone holder to wear

I am trying to make a holder for my cell phone that I can wear by clipping to my clothing.
My cell phone is hard to keep track of. I need to wear it, but do not like it around my neck or over
my shoulder. Have any of you come up with a solution that you made yourself?

QuiltE 12-15-2017 03:42 PM

Solution = Pockets!
........ and one reason why I have stayed with a flip phone.
If it does not fit in the pocket (aka smartphones tend not to fit), I don't want it.
Most of my clothes have pockets, and when they don't then yes, I have problems.

You could make a pocket to attach to a belt, if you wear belts.
Or make a belt-like sash that you can tie around your middle.

DACO48 12-15-2017 09:29 PM

While my daughter was in treatment for a spinal cord injury one of the nurses suggested a passport carrier. Worked like a charm. If it is in the way she just puts the carrier inside her shirt.

notmorecraft 12-15-2017 11:03 PM

Tuck it in my bra strap :D

illinois 12-16-2017 04:12 AM

I found a "pocket" recently and the label on it is for www.ThePocketPlus.com (I have not looked to see if the url is working.) Comes in several sizes and fastens over the waistband with a magnet. It does say that those with a pacemaker should consult their dr before using. The magnet in the one I purchased is pretty strong.

dms 12-16-2017 05:24 AM

I like to wear no tie aprons and have fitted them with pockets to accommodate my ipad and my phone. I listen to audio tapes on my ipad and the apron saves me from having thread all over my clothes as well as for cooking.

NJ Quilter 12-16-2017 08:22 AM

I made one a few years ago from a free pattern found online. Sadly, for the life of me I cannot remember the site. And if I could make it in the door of my sewing room at this point, I'd try to find the pattern I printed. It was a general sewing site if that helps any.

Velcro closure for the top edge; ribbon to thread through the clip. It also had a front zippered pocket to hold credit cards and the like. It's awesome and all I use for a wallet now. Most times my phone does fit in the back pocket of my jeans and I just have cash in pockets as well. Those few times I need the credit cards I clip the pouch to my belt loop. Have license in there as well so most times it just lives in the car.

anne2016 12-16-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by illinois (Post 7963674)
I found a "pocket" recently and the label on it is for www.ThePocketPlus.com (I have not looked to see if the url is working.) Comes in several sizes and fastens over the waistband with a magnet. It does say that those with a pacemaker should consult their dr before using. The magnet in the one I purchased is pretty strong.

DH has one like that. He has had it for a long time. I'm not 100% sure but I think it may have been part of the package when he first got the phone.

JanieH 12-16-2017 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by illinois (Post 7963674)

The url is working fine - I just ordered one for me. I love this idea. Thank you for posting about it!

Tudey 12-17-2017 08:51 AM

I have made ones that clip to my belt loop with a carabiner. My husband loves his and people are always asking me to make one for them. I have several myself so I can wear them for different occasions. Sorry, no picture right now. I will see if I can find the site where I got the pattern.