Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff QE 4.2 with Sew Stead table (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-qe-4-2-sew-stead-table-t294191.html)

DJ 01-20-2018 02:06 PM

Pfaff QE 4.2 with Sew Stead table

DH and I are trying to work out a custom design sewing table for me. I'm thinking I would like to get a Sew Steady table to use with it, probably the small (Junior) size.

Does anyone have this combination of machine and Sew Steady table who would be willing to take a picture of how the table fits around the machine for me to look at?

Thanks for your help. I can't seem to find an overhead shot of exactly how the table fits. Basically, I need to know the distance from the left end of the table to the cut out for the machine.

Kitsie 01-20-2018 03:44 PM

The opening for the machine is cut for the model of machine you plan to use in it. You can probably find a YouTube of one, maybe not your machine but how it looks on the one they show.

DJ 01-20-2018 06:42 PM

Thanks Kitsie. I've looked, but I have yet to determine how much "longer" my machine will be with the table extension. When the time comes, I will order one, but in the meantime, I want to get a quote for the table, so I want to tell them what size it will be so they can give me the quote. If the quote is too high, I'll have to reconsider my options. I don't want to order the Sew Steady table till I'm sure it's the one and size I will want to get. Can't return or exchange them, since they are custom cut.

Just thought someone here would surely have this setup. Maybe not, though.

cashs_mom 01-20-2018 07:41 PM

If you're having a custom sewing table made, why not make it so the machine sets down level with the top of the table? You wouldn't have to have a sew steady extension then.

DJ 01-20-2018 09:19 PM

Thanks for your input, Patrice. I want the Sew Steady table so that I can remove it and still use the free arm on my machine. I will also have it available to take for any sewing classes I might take. If I actually use it in the Studio, I don't need to find a place to store it in the meantime. I think it would be a good thing to incorporate into my new cabinet.

zzmom 01-20-2018 09:38 PM

Hi DJ- I have a Pfaff 3.0 Expression with a Sew Steady. Would that help you to see a photo of it? I know its not the same machine you have.

DJ 01-20-2018 10:09 PM

I think it would help if you have the Junior size table (11 1/2" x 15"). Thanks!

And if that's the size you have, I would like the measurement from the left side of the table to the left side of the free arm.

I'm wondering if I call my local sewing machine vendor if they could tell me.

zzmom 01-20-2018 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 7986896)
I think it would help if you have the Junior size table (11 1/2" x 15"). Thanks!

And if that's the size you have, I would like the measurement from the left side of the table to the left side of the free arm.

I'm wondering if I call my local sewing machine vendor if they could tell me.

Oh sorry, the table size I have is 17.5"x 23.5". Maybe your local sewing machine vendor could help you.

rvsfan 01-21-2018 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 7986631)
DH and I are trying to work out a custom design sewing table for me. I'm thinking I would like to get a Sew Steady table to use with it, probably the small (Junior) size.

Does anyone have this combination of machine and Sew Steady table who would be willing to take a picture of how the table fits around the machine for me to look at?

Thanks for your help. I can't seem to find an overhead shot of exactly how the table fits. Basically, I need to know the distance from the left end of the table to the cut out for the machine.

I have Pfaff 4.2 QE with Sew Steady but not sure of size and lettering is partially worn off. It measures 7 7/8" from left end to cut out opening and was custom cut to fit machine. I purchased a second table from Ikea to place to the left side of the Sew Steady but it's about 2" higher and I wish it was flush. Hope this helps.

PaperPrincess 01-21-2018 05:14 AM

I would email directly to Sew Steady with your question. They are very easy to work with.