Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is anyone interested in an EQ7 thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-interested-eq7-thread-t295418.html)

Prism99 03-11-2018 11:26 AM

Is anyone interested in an EQ7 thread?

After owning EQ7 for something like 5 years, I have finally figured out enough of the basics to be able to design and save a few quilts in it. Apparently there are two kinds of owners of EQ: those who take to it like a duck to water, and those who find it has a steep learning curve. The thread I am proposing would be for those of us in the latter category. I am thinking we might be able to reduce the number of EQ7 programs lying unused on computers around the world.

Since I have not gotten very far yet, I figure I can pass on some basic tips that might help someone else. I also might be able to pick up tips that help me progress.

Anyone?

TAMARATJO 03-11-2018 11:33 AM

I am interested, however I upgraded to EQ8. I can do the basics, but nothing too fancy.

QuiltingVagabond 03-11-2018 12:07 PM

I would love to learn EQ7, I have had my new computer for more than a year and haven't even bothered to install it.

Prism99 03-11-2018 12:25 PM

I didn't upgrade to EQ8 because I figured it was of questionable worth to me if I hadn't learned EQ7 in five years. I made it a priority for myself to learn EQ7 this year. Once I do that, I will look at EQ8 and see if it is worth it to me.

Vagabond, the first step is to install the program! Installation was easy for me, so I say just go ahead and do it. Then pat yourself on the back.

Barb in Louisiana 03-11-2018 01:45 PM

I consider myself a moderate user. I'd participate.

Gay 03-11-2018 05:36 PM

I'd love this thread. While I have many quilts made up with EQ7 there is an awful lot that I haven't delved into yet.

ClairVoyantQuilter 03-11-2018 06:48 PM

I struggled with EQ7, because even though it worked on my Mac, was very Windows-esque . . .the file structure really thru me for a loop. I find EQ8 Sooooo much easier to learn.

I’d also suggest getting the workbooks and going thru the lessons, one at a time, from the beginning. It really does help.

As for a thread. . .I think you’ve already started one.

DeneK 03-11-2018 07:02 PM

I would also love this topic.... I piddle around with it every now and then but by the time I pick it up again, it's like I have to start from scratch.

Tiggersmom 03-11-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DeneK (Post 8020178)
I would also love this topic.... I piddle around with it every now and then but by the time I pick it up again, it's like I have to start from scratch.

This describes me, totally...... I started with EQ 4 and have continuously upgraded, never really getting a handle on the program. Such a waste of money. I don't have the imagination to design my own but would be interested in stretching my brain. LOL

Battle Axe 03-11-2018 11:38 PM

I upgraded to EQ8 and can't even get it loaded. I really think there is something wrong with my brain.