Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fairfield Toasty Cotton. Opinions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fairfield-toasty-cotton-opinions-t302990.html)

Watson 02-14-2019 06:52 AM

Fairfield Toasty Cotton. Opinions?

..Is on sale at JAF for 90" x20 yd for $79.00.

Now, considering in Canada I would pay more than that for a single Queen size batting, and that I make mostly wall hangings and quilts for myself...I'm not making heirlooms here..... is this batting OK?

Has anyone used it? I went to their website and checked it out and read the reviews (almost all 5 stars) on the JAF website.

Is this a deal or a mistake?

I am going to the US tomorrow and badly need batting and it doesn't look as if any of their other batting is on sale....

Thanks, Watson

IrishgalfromNJ 02-14-2019 06:56 AM

It got some good reviews on Amazon, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 76 reviews. I think I bought some recently but its still in the box. I haven't used any yet.

zozee 02-14-2019 07:45 AM

I’ve never used it, but given the reviews and what you wrote, sounds like a good deal to me.

Watson 02-14-2019 07:53 AM

There were only a few left so I ordered it for pick up in the store.

Watson

maudeflanagan 02-15-2019 04:01 AM

I use it almost exclusively. I have not really adventured away from it to try other brands due to the price and availability, so I can't say I am the best resource for an opinion. I've never had any issues with it. I like the thickness, which is quite thin, and it makes for a nice soft quilt.

Whenever the price drops to this range, I always pick up a roll whether I need it or not. The last time I bought it was Black Friday and it was $75 at that time.

lwbuchholz 02-15-2019 05:22 AM

What is JAF? It sounds like somthng that may hlep me find batting for my daughters quilt.
Lynda

quilterpurpledog 02-15-2019 05:34 AM

JAF is JoAnn Fabrics, the chain craft and fabric store.

bkay 02-15-2019 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz (Post 8210800)
What is JAF? It sounds like somthng that may hlep me find batting for my daughters quilt.
Lynda

JoAnn's Fabrics....Be aware that their pricing system, is somewhat expensive without their coupons. The coupons are in the newspaper occasionally, available online and in the store. Those available in the store are for future weeks.

I usually use Warm and Natural batting. If I don't have a coupon for JoAnn's, I get it at Walmart. You can get it delivered to your closest store.

bkay

debstoehr 02-15-2019 07:26 AM

I bought a roll of it during their anniversary sale and have used it in a few quilts so far. I usually use Warm and Natural. It is thinner but other than that I have had no problems with it. I quilt on a longarm.

Miss Papa 02-15-2019 08:59 AM

I too have been looking at this great JoAnn's batting deal. I'm new to quilting and want to be sure that I get batting that will hold up in a quilt that will be washed in a front load washing machine. Anyone have experience laundering quilts that have been quilted with the Fairfield Toasty Cotton batting?