Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Has anyone ever heard of a machine called Eversewn? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/has-anyone-ever-heard-machine-called-eversewn-t303418.html)

mingomama 03-06-2019 08:19 AM

Has anyone ever heard of a machine called Eversewn?

I'm looking for a machine with these buttons:
-a thread cutter (picture of scissors)
-start stop (don't have to use the foot pedal)
-locks the thread when you start and stop the stitch (round circle)
-needle up/down button (programmable would be better)
-variable speed (I have a special needs daughter I'm teaching how to sew)

I put the word out to my local dealers, as well as several online dealers. All Brands responded
to me with a suggestion of an EverSewn Sparrow 30 machine. They claim it's made by Bernina, and is a Bernette. I've heard of all the 'main' brands (Bernina, Janome, Brother, etc), but never heard of an EverSewn. Any thoughts?

Kitsie 03-06-2019 08:51 AM

On google, look up Eversewn.com.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ever...rome&ie=UTF-89

collector49 03-06-2019 08:55 AM

I've had the Eversewn Sparrow 30 for about a year. For $399, it's an amazing machine. I think it sews better than my Janome. I purchased it on Amazon.

grose 03-06-2019 08:56 AM

Eversewn machines

Originally Posted by mingomama (Post 8221115)
I'm looking for a machine with these buttons:
-a thread cutter (picture of scissors)
-start stop (don't have to use the foot pedal)
-locks the thread when you start and stop the stitch (round circle)
-needle up/down button (programmable would be better)
-variable speed (I have a special needs daughter I'm teaching how to sew)

I put the word out to my local dealers, as well as several online dealers. All Brands responded
to me with a suggestion of an EverSewn Sparrow 30 machine. They claim it's made by Bernina, and is a Bernette. I've heard of all the 'main' brands (Bernina, Janome, Brother, etc), but never heard of an EverSewn. Any thoughts?

I have been following news about this machine also. The son of the family that owns Bernina has started this brand. Right now you can order the machine from quiltshops that carry them or on-line. You have to send them back for repairs if needed( do not know if this will change as use grows). I have heard that people love them or some say they are noisy. There are reviews on Youtube. I have recently moved to Dallas area and a Janome dealer or repair person are very scarce here. Heard rumors about that too!! I wanted to get rid of my 6500 and replace with this(also lightweight). The Sparrow 30 seems to be the popular model, although some have bought the Sparrow 20(fewer stitches). I would love to hear what you find out. I do not want to buy an expensive machine - I do not do much ; I also do not see the need for more than 1 machine!

Onebyone 03-06-2019 09:08 AM

My last quilt class I think everyone had a Sparrow machine. I have the Eversewn Sparrow 30. I have a Bernina and like the Sparrow 30 better. I bought mine from Amazon because of easy return if I didn't bond with it. Mine sews quiet, the same as my other machines. I have noticed the lower model numbers don't sew as quietly as the 30. I would certainly buy the Sparrow 30 again.

fruitloop 03-06-2019 09:19 AM

I have the Sparrow 30. It is my go to machine now. I love the features. I have a newer Bernina. I will sell the Bernina and buy the Sparrow QE. Can buy a lot of them for what the Bernina cost. I realized it was a big waste of money to buy a high end machine when 95% of my sewing is a straight stitch. LIve and learn.

SuziSew 03-06-2019 09:37 AM

It's great little machine, I got it because of the thread cutter because I paper piece a lot. It's lightweight and while it is a little louder than my Viking, I've only noticed it being louder is when doing decorative stitches. I'm really happy with it.

RedGarnet222 03-06-2019 10:36 AM

It is in the Connecting Threads magazine booklet page number 23.

bj 03-06-2019 12:43 PM

Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Co. sews on an Eversewn 25 on her MSQC tutorials. I think.

Krisb 03-06-2019 12:53 PM

I love my Sparrow 25.