Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Warm and Plush (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/warm-plush-t304218.html)

peaceandjoy 04-17-2019 04:16 PM

Warm and Plush

Has anyone tried Warm and Plush?

DH is always cold; I am not, lol. Hoping this will be somewhere between regular Warm and Natural cotton batting and wool batting, I decided to try it. Quilt is currently @ the LA.

I'd like to get binding ready, as I will have a kind of quick turn around when it gets back to me. I'm wondering if I should cut the binding wider than the binding I usually use.

Any suggestions or experience?

Robin

Sephie 04-17-2019 05:59 PM

I absolutely love Warm and Plush. I bought a roll of it and I use it every chance I get.

What size do you normally cut your binding? I typically cut mine 2.5 or 2.25 and it's always been fine, but I also machine bind so I don't know if it would make a difference vs hand binding.

Love this batting so much. Hope you love it too! I used it in both of my little ones' quilts with a flannel back and both girls love how cuddly it is.

Austinite 04-18-2019 07:01 AM

I used W&P in a quilt for a friend in Wisconsin and it was lovely to work with, very soft and cuddly. I did my usual 2.5" binding and it came out great!

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 04-18-2019 07:50 AM

Ditto to above comments. I'm bummed because you can't get a king precut. I find 90" isn't wide enough on most of my quilts.

peaceandjoy 04-18-2019 08:27 AM

Thanks very much for your help! I'm looking forward to finding out how this batting works out for us.

Will get my binding ready using 2-1/4" strips.

I appreciate your feedback, Sephie, Austinite and Basktlofr-Quilter!

meyert 04-18-2019 03:20 PM

Warm and Plush is my favorite batting :) I have purchased 3 rolls ha ha (1 used up and I am using my 2nd roll - - the 3rd roll is in a closet just waiting for me)

I use my standing binding strips - 2-1/2"

quilttiger 04-19-2019 04:07 AM

I used Warm and Plush for my grandson's bed coverlet when he graduated from high school. I loved the way the batting really showed off the definition of my FMQ even after the coverlet was laundered. It was a pleasure to use it on my longarm.

DJ 04-19-2019 06:21 AM

I haven't heard of this product before. How would it work for a baby quilt with cotton top and minky backing? Would it be too heavy?

meyert 04-19-2019 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8242371)
I haven't heard of this product before. How would it work for a baby quilt with cotton top and minky backing? Would it be too heavy?

when you ask if it would be too heavy, I don't know what you consider too heavy. I am not being a smart alec - everyone has their own preferences. I don't find this to be dramatically heavier than warm and natural - but its different enough that I do really like it ...... so you don't know any more now than before I answered you ha ha ha

I have used this in several baby quilts and loved it.

I have used this batting for a quilt with a cotton top and minky batting... I really loved it

Note - I don't have a long arm and these quilts are quilted at home on my Janome 6600. not sure if that means anything or not

DJ 04-19-2019 01:31 PM

Meyert ~ Thank you for your response. I thought it was helpful and encouraging, so I ordered some and will give it a go. And I'm really curious about what you were shouting/all caps about. LOL