Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-april-19-21-2019-a-t304235.html)

Raggiemom 04-18-2019 02:41 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--April 19-21, 2019

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. I look forward to quilting with everyone this weekend and hopefully making some progress on several projects. I have two quilt tops that I would like to piece together and then a couple block of the weeks and month to catch up. They are actually the current blocks so I'm not really behind which is great!

So what are you working on? Please share and let us know :)

Next VQW is May 24-27.

happylab 04-18-2019 03:19 PM

Good day Heather, I’m in again. My goals: 1 = bind 2 quilts and 2 smaller projects while watching tv. 2 = sew 1 QOV block. 3 = work on my BHMQ- GF top. 4 = Organize sewing room some betweeen all of my projects, And 5 = if I have time, work on QAL blocks which started this week.

Happy sewing/quilting everyone.

Boston1954 04-18-2019 04:53 PM

I'm in! I will be getting some more blocks done on my HST Flying Geese. By the way I am calling it "From Canada". Every other row will be in the opposite direction.

SillySusan 04-18-2019 04:59 PM

Thank you, Raggiemom! I'm in. I just finished making 5 kid size quilt tops. I hope to sandwich them this weekend, tie them, and find the fabric from stash to bind them.

This is Easter weekend, so lots of other things are going on, but I'll have bunches of free time for quilting, too.

rryder 04-18-2019 05:13 PM

Yay! Me too! I’m working on a UFO that is almost finished. If I get that done tomorrow then I’ll go through my UFO pile and look for another one to work on. And I’ve got a pile of scraps to deal with as well.

Thanks for hosting raggiemom.

Rob

sewNso 04-18-2019 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what i am doing[ATTACH=CONFIG]611756[/ATTACH]

NZquilter 04-18-2019 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll try to join in this weekend. I want to finish appliquing the teddy bear blocks for my new Baby's quilt. I would be thrilled if I got as far as putting the sashing on too, but I have a lot of family stuff going on this weekend as well.[ATTACH=CONFIG]611757[/ATTACH]

quiltingshorttimer 04-18-2019 07:09 PM

I'm in for at least part of the weekend--I have the Jenn Kingwell Gypsy Wife quilt made for me as retiring president of my guild on the the frame right now. Got one roll finished this afternoon and realized I loaded wrong so will be adding to both back and bat (grrr....so frustrating!). also have to start pricing & labeling items for our Guild booth at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Fest and have basically been stalling on that--stuff stacked everywhere in my basement rec room. And DD & her Hubs coming out sometime this weekend for dinner and board games--but I'm in!

retiredteacher09 04-18-2019 07:50 PM

I'm in. I have 3 blocks to do for a BOW and 3 blocks for a BOM.

Thanks for hosting again, Raggiemom.

QuiltnNan 04-19-2019 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished this 10 minute block quilt yesterday. I'm layering it this morning. When I do the quilting, I'll fold in the bias diamond edges as some of the quilting, saving an extra step.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611770[/ATTACH]