Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   I bought my first Featherweight! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/i-bought-my-first-featherweight-t306134.html)

juliasb 08-04-2019 11:57 AM

I bought my first Featherweight!

I am so excited. My hunt is temporarily over. I found my first Featherweight. It will be here in a couple days. The price was right. $125.00 plus the shipping. I can't wait for it to get here. I know it has a wiring issue which is why the price was so low. This is fixable. So I will have that fixed in short order. If the problem is what it was described as I can fix it myself. Sounds like a loose wire going into the motor. Time will tell. I can hardly wait I am so excited!!! Of course I will let you all know about this little gem when it gets here and I know I will have it up and running in no time at all. Now if I come across another one that is as close to a bargain as this one is I will grab it up too.

Seb58 08-04-2019 02:09 PM

Yayy!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!
My Featherweight had some wiring issues too (although not motor-related *knock on wood*) and a mile of thread wound behind the hook assembly which I had to remove and replace. There was nothing I couldn't do thanks to the so many video tutorials one can find online. I just hope it'll be the same for you 😉

Crqltr 08-04-2019 02:35 PM

Congratulations! I was lucky enough to inherit one! Ten years after mil passed it was found in the attic! I’ve been married to her son for almost 50 years and didn’t know she had it! It’s like new! I have tried it out but haven’t really done much.

Tartan 08-04-2019 03:10 PM

​Congratulations!

SusieQOH 08-04-2019 06:20 PM

Julia, I'm so happy for you! I just adore my FW!!!

leaha 08-04-2019 06:47 PM

congrats and welcome to the FW club! I love all 4 of mine, 3 are repainted and one is black. sorry to all who think the repainted ones are so wrong, but I love color and am so not sorry! enjoy!

nanna-up-north 08-04-2019 06:48 PM

How exciting. That's a great price and I'm sure the wiring issue can easily be fixed. You are ready to start a great passion.

Battle Axe 08-05-2019 02:24 AM

Enjoy!! Mine stunk like Grandma's house when I got it home and in an enclosed area. Finally, my nose won and I sold it. I wish you better luck.

toverly 08-05-2019 03:49 AM

Congratulations! I love how you said, My first featherweight. They are like potato chips, you can't have just one. Enjoy. What a hoot, BattleAxe. They do have that Grandmother's house smell till you get them all cleaned up. I guess sometimes it's just in the internal workings. I have had friends sell theirs for the same reason.

luvstoquilt 08-05-2019 04:34 AM

Ah! Now it begins! Tovrely is right one leads to two ,etc,etc. I have 2 and thought I would sell one but that isn’t happening! My black one is “Aunt Gertie” and my red one is “Ruby”. I have found once they have a name they are here to stay. battleAxe you are so funny! How I would love having you for a neighbor!