Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt pattern design service with EQ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-pattern-design-service-eq-t306556.html)

profannie 08-26-2019 12:24 PM

Quilt pattern design service with EQ

Hi everyone,
Do you know any quilter who would offert a quilt pattern design service (for a fee, of course)? I have EQ7 and I use it very often to create simple quilt's pattern. I've been asked to create something a bit more complex but can't figure how to do it in EQ7. I did a Google search and couldn't find any shop/designer offering quilt pattern design service.
Thanks!

Barb in Louisiana 08-26-2019 12:46 PM

Do you have an example or website of what you are trying to create? I don't create for money, but sometimes can help.

Edited to add: Just a suggestion - The EQ Blog has many free patterns there. I have played with these and modified the blocks to suit what I wanted more. I never have sewed any of them.

Iceblossom 08-26-2019 12:56 PM

There are some people who are great with EQ on the boards here, I only have EQ6 myself.

What area are you having problems with or can you describe what you are trying to do? Is it a medallion quilt or a variable set/row? Sometimes it helps to have someone tell you that yeah, you can't do what you want -- but here's what you can do.

dunster 08-26-2019 01:02 PM

You can ask EQ for help doing it in EQ.

profannie 08-26-2019 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone; here's the pattern I'm looking to create. My customer would like to have one of the star shape (any of them) recreated as the central star of a queen size quilt. It's not that complex, but I just don't know how to create a layout for this in EQ. I use mostly the block librairy and haven't draw many blocks myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616666[/ATTACH]

Iceblossom 08-26-2019 01:17 PM

So something like a lone star quilt?

profannie 08-26-2019 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8294204)
So something like a lone star quilt?

Yes, indeed, but it's important to replicate exactly the shape of one of those specific stars.

Iceblossom 08-26-2019 01:33 PM

Good to see the inspiration piece.

Ok, so is it one great big huge star like the ones shown, or would it start out the size of the block and then radiate out larger a few more rows? It looks to me like there are just two variations of stars, one with longer skinnier diamonds and then one with chubbier diamonds and the rest is color placement.

And the point is to have just one? I think that would be best done as a large but not huge center and then maybe some smaller related blocks separated by space and borders might work better or at least would be easier for me to design in my mind -- lol but then it would have to come out in EQ.

profannie 08-26-2019 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8294214)
Good to see the inspiration piece.

Ok, so is it one great big huge star like the ones shown, or would it start out the size of the block and then radiate out larger a few more rows? It looks to me like there are just two variations of stars, one with longer skinnier diamonds and then one with chubbier diamonds and the rest is color placement.

And the point is to have just one? I think that would be best done as a large but not huge center and then maybe some smaller related blocks separated by space and borders might work better or at least would be easier for me to design in my mind -- lol but then it would have to come out in EQ.

Yes, you are right, there is only two kind of stars. I like your idea of putting a big one in the center, then to have smaller ones around - depend on how hard or easy it is to make those :-) But anyway, the initial problem is to create this star block in EQ.

dunster 08-26-2019 02:54 PM

Do you have a larger picture of the blocks?