Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished... 2 Quilts in 2 Weeks! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-2-quilts-2-weeks-t306929.html)

AprilM 09-17-2019 04:08 AM

Finished... 2 Quilts in 2 Weeks!

5 Attachment(s)
Both of the quilts will be donations to our guild’s Charity Quilt program. Our guild gives away many, many quilts to individuals each year in hopes of brightening someone’s day and giving them a “warm hug” knowing that people they may not know care about them.

The way our guild handles it - if you are inspired to do so, make a quilt. We keep a small stockpile of quilts to give away, members who know of someone in need just call one of the four designated keepers of the stockpile to arrange a pickup. We try to always keep a ready stash of 4 to 8 quilts on hand and for the last few years we have had no formal requirements to “qualify” for a quilt. If a member feels a quilt would be of comfort to someone it’s theirs to give away. No questions asked.

Somehow we always seem to have a quilt available when the need arises. Our guild only has about 30 active members, so i think we do pretty well meeting the need in real time! Our goal is always to have one available to give out at all times. In a world where people can be so unkind to each other it makes me so happy to be a part of something like this!

Now that I have finally gotten into the groove with my new machine I am hoping to finish many more quilts to give away! I’m also looking forward to finally making a dent in all of my UFOs!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617491[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617492[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617493[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 09-17-2019 04:20 AM

very nicely done, and so generous

juliasb 09-17-2019 04:36 AM

Very nice, and thoughtful, quilts. I love your machine too.

luvstoquilt 09-17-2019 04:40 AM

Impressive and thoughtful. Your quilts are lovely.

TheMerkleFamily 09-17-2019 06:36 AM

Your batik charity quilts are simply beautiful! I appreciate the liberal guidelines your guild follows - make what you wish and anyone who feels they would benefit may receive a quilt. Making and giving should be that simple.

Lovely work!

sewbizgirl 09-17-2019 06:45 AM

Beautiful quilts, AprilM. I belong to a group like yours... 12 or so active members. We give a pile of quilts quarterly to the organ transplant unit at our local (big) hospital, and also to a local children’s shelter. It’s so rewarding.
I also have a sit down quilter like yours that I enjoy quilting with... :o

love to sew 09-17-2019 07:17 AM

very nice and a lovely story to tell. thank you for sharing your story and you quits.

sue.ross.8782 09-17-2019 07:17 AM

Thank you for your outreach to people in your community. It's great to spread the love.:D

Tartan 09-17-2019 07:26 AM

Lovely quilts and kudos to you and your group for meeting a need in your community! As Gandhi said “ You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”

Jordan 09-17-2019 08:55 AM

Beautiful quilts and your guild is so kind to give so many donations of quilts. I am sure your generosity helps someone in need.