Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   hobbs heirloom 80/20 fusible batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobbs-heirloom-80-20-fusible-batting-t306972.html)

SoftBlockLady 09-18-2019 12:43 PM

hobbs heirloom 80/20 fusible batting

hello everyone.........thinking of using this but I know no one who has........honest opinions on this product please

Tartan 09-18-2019 01:06 PM

I love Hobbs 80/20 fusible. You do need to iron both sides ( I spread to out on old carpet in my basement) so I don’t get wrinkles. If you have the big board ironing board you can use that but you will need to reposition. I still quilt from the middle out and sometimes I will re-iron the edges if they come loose from stuffing it under the needle. I used to be able to get it with a 50% coupon from Micheals but they don’t stock it the store near me anymore.

Annaquilts 09-18-2019 01:31 PM

Love it! It is actually very popular and right in line with Warm and Natural. It has a better drape and is also suitable for hand quilting. The weight is lighter then Warm and Natural but in a good way.

Doggramma 09-18-2019 02:04 PM

I’ve used the smaller sizes, like crib or throw size. It’s great. As others say, it needs to be ironed on the front and back. I did have a problem one time with it not sticking to the backing, but the front was nice and stuck so I just added a few pins.

AprilM 09-18-2019 03:48 PM

I use it almost exclusively! I have used it for years of FMQ when i finished my quilts on a domestic sewing machine. Now i have a sit-down longarm (not like a regular longarm - so you still gotta baste your quilts) and i am so thankful to have the fusible! Kingsmen Quilting Supply online has great prices on it!

quiltedsunshine 09-18-2019 05:53 PM

It's OK for small projects. But it took 2 hours to fuse a twin size quilt. Sometimes the glue isn't as good as it should be. I'd rather spray baste.

themadpatter 09-18-2019 09:23 PM

I think that I have heard Angela Walters of the Midnight Quilt show say that she uses fusible batting. Not sure what brand.

rjwilder 09-19-2019 04:43 AM

It's all I use and I love it, been using it for years.

dee1245 09-20-2019 06:30 PM

I have used Hobbs 80/20 fusible for about 4 years. I like it, but it does have to be ironed on both sides to get it properly fused. On a big quilt like a queen or king, I usually pin about 14 to 16 inches just to hold it in place, then start fusing from the center and work outward removing pins as I go. After fusing the first side it is easy to flip it over and fuse the other side.

nativetexan 09-21-2019 07:11 AM

I've used fusible Hobbs 80/20 for years and love it. I've used June Tailor's before but it tends to come with large gobs of glue in places. hated that. yes, both sides need to be fused/ironed. front and then back. makes it a slightly stiff for quilting but washes out.