Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   More eyes please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/more-eyes-please-t307356.html)

Battle Axe 10-09-2019 10:46 AM

More eyes please.

1 Attachment(s)
I've just completed the last block on the red Smith Mountain Morning, but it is only pinned up there. Could someone else look at it and tell me where to turn the blocks. Last time I sewed it in wrong.[ATTACH=CONFIG]618345[/ATTACH]Thanks. You can only stare at them for so long and you need another Dr. Pepper.

EasyPeezy 10-09-2019 11:18 AM

It looks good to me.

I find it's easier to see my mistakes after I take a picture and put it on the
computer. Maybe when it's right in my face I can't see it.

I also like to mark my blocks with painters tape (no sticky residue).
A1, A2, etc. Remove them row by row and pin them as they come
off the design wall. Avoid a lot of unstitching that way.

Iceblossom 10-09-2019 11:19 AM

Ok, I looked at the way the blocks are put together row by row and side by side. I believe all blocks are correctly oriented, the only thing I see at all is where that middle row is off-kilter but I expect that is just being laid out.

Edit: After I layout I number all my blocks and attach little 1" squares of paper with the numbers in the upper left corner. I go alpha across and numbers down, so A1, A2, A3 etc. It doesn't matter where you put the numbers if you are consistent so you know what way is up even if it doesn't matter. It's amazing to me how I can turn around blocks just going from where they are laid out to the sewing machine!

Tartan 10-09-2019 11:52 AM

​Great blocks and they all look in order, now you just have to try and sew them that way!

dunster 10-09-2019 12:35 PM

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt.

Jingle 10-09-2019 12:41 PM

All looks great to me. It will be beautiful.

I number all blocks across and at bottom with row number. I only use washable markers and wash out in cold water Tide. They always come out.

lberna 10-09-2019 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8311549)
Ok, I looked at the way the blocks are put together row by row and side by side

Edit: After I layout I number all my blocks and attach little 1" squares of paper with the numbers in the upper left corner. I go alpha across and numbers down, so A1, A2, A3 etc. It doesn't matter where you put the numbers if you are consistent so you know what way is up even if it doesn't matter. It's amazing to me how I can turn around blocks just going from where they are laid out to the sewing machine!

I do the exact same thing.

QuiltnNan 10-09-2019 01:22 PM

it looks just fine. it's going to be gorgeous when done

nativetexan 10-09-2019 01:34 PM

everything that is to be vertical is vertical and everything horizontal is horizontal, to me it looks great!

QuiltingVagabond 10-09-2019 01:58 PM

Marcia, that is so pretty! I can't believe you've made it 3 times. Here's a tip for when you go to the BH class. Take all 3 because she will sign a block for you. Or a label if you would rather. Just ask.
Hope you enjoy the class, after making 3, you could probably teach it.