Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-february-14-17-2020-a-t309744.html)

Raggiemom 02-13-2020 04:08 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Welcome to VQW! I hope to have lots of company this weekend as I work in my sewing room. I actually started this afternoon, stitching down a couple small applique projects.Tomorrow I'm quilting with friends--we're working on wool applique. I have two projects prepped in case I get bored with one! The rest of the weekend I hope to finish the small applique projects. Then I have four quilts to hopefully sandwich and maybe even quilt one of them. At some point this weekend I hope to pick up my sewing room. It's not too bad at the moment and I'd like to keep it from getting too messy.

So what are you working on this weekend? It's never too early to start Christmas presents! I actually am thinking of some and I may take some on the guild retreat in March to work on. Are you replenishing your stash? Are you starting a new project, or maybe working on UFOs? Whatever you're working on, please join us.

Next VQW is March 13-15. Will check back in tomorrow.

Iceblossom 02-13-2020 04:27 PM

I am proud to report that I am almost done with my Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery top. It is possible but unlikely I'll get the last two borders on today. So tomorrow I will be dealing with cleaning up, making the binding (fabric already washed), and figuring out what I'm doing for the back.

Unlikely to be sewing at all Saturday, I suggested to hubby that we do something we've never done before which is to go to a live football game of any sort, so that will be our romantic Valentine's date. Seattle has an XFL team and Saturday is the first ever home game of the Seattle Dragons. I expect that the weather will be miserable, we are in a semi-protected corner but I will be dressing warm and bringing rain stuff.

So if I'm not all worn out on Sunday, it's time to finally put the borders on that Cherry Goose project from so many virtual weekends ago. Thought I'd be able to do while I was doing the Frolic project but no, just had too much fabric out for that to deal with anything else.

thimblebug6000 02-13-2020 04:55 PM

I will be working on squares from the Border Creek sew-a-long..... but also continuing to print out pictures and log my quilts I have made in the past, and put them into journals. I always enjoy hearing about everyone's projects.

retiredteacher09 02-13-2020 05:12 PM

I’m in. Thanks, Raggiemom, for hosting these every month.

1. Visit my first grandchild sometime over the weekend. He was born on February 2nd.🥰. It’s time for more snuggles.

2. Finish the scrappy rail fence on my design wall.

2. Work on the 6” die-cut crazy patches.

3. Finish at least 2 more big blocks on a donated UFO from a board member.

4. Maybe make a few baby burp cloths.

No school through Tuesday so I won’t be called in to sub. Wahoo!

quiltingshorttimer 02-13-2020 05:15 PM

thanks for once again hosting! I will be missing--my son gets to formally adopt his oldest son(been raising him since he was 15months and now is almost 12) tomorrow so we are going to there house to spend weekend and celebrate! But, please everyone, post pictures!

I've been working like a mad-hatter for 2 weeks putting together modern quilts (all lap and smaller) for a program I'm doing for my guild on modern quilt design this fall--almost all of my modern quilts have been done as wedding/graduation/etc presents to young people and can't reel many back in!

retiredteacher09 02-13-2020 06:30 PM

quiltingshortimer: How exciting! Enjoy the special weekend.

happylab 02-13-2020 11:00 PM

Good morning everyone. I’m in, i’m Working on quilting a rwb quilt for my GN, which I plan to give her on Saturday. I have 2 rows quilted, need to do 5 more rows. It a project we bought fabric together during Missouri Star quilt company anniversary. We started it together about 3 months ago and then she got busy at work, so I’m finishing the quilt for her. I figure I will be done with it by the end of the day tonight. After this project will work on a guild valentine fabric challenge. I’ll post pics after I get them completed. Then if I have time and energy go back and work on my BHMQ-FRolic and my Halloween scrappy quilt for my GN. That should keep me busy this weekend. 3 rows down 4 more to go. Have fun sewing and quilting everyone.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!

cherrybsixty 02-14-2020 02:48 AM

Good morning everyone, oh!!! fun, I've been watching for this since the Super Bowl Weekend. Happy Valentine Day to everyone!!! I hope it's a sweet one for you. I have been telling myself that I am going to bake some snickerdoodle cookies for days, so I just might do that.

I'm in for VQW this weekend. I am working on a new piece for me. I am using my purple and lilac colored stash to put together a laptop for my oldest daughter. It's finally her time to get a 'mama quilt.' She's has been waiting her allotted time. I really want to make it queen-size but not sure if I have that much stash in that color hue. I will just work on it and see how far I get.

Thanks Raggiemom for hosting and you have a happy sweet Valentine Day

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb

zennia 02-14-2020 04:26 AM

I am going to be busy going through my scraps this weekend. my challenge to myself is to make a mini version of a pattern we were given at my last quilt get together. I also have a charity quilt to finish. It's going to be cold and snowy this weekend so I am happy to stay in, stay warm and sew. Have a nice weekend everyone.

Rff1010 02-14-2020 04:26 AM

We are having some family getaway time so no sewing for me. But I finished both a top and pieced back this week, and finished the binding on something else...so I'm due for a break anyway.

Lancaster PA quiltshops-I'm coming!