Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Air Fryer Salmon Patties/Croquettes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/air-fryer-salmon-patties-croquettes-t309977.html)

goldsberry921 03-01-2020 03:27 PM

Air Fryer Salmon Patties/Croquettes

Curious if anyone has used an air fryer to cook salmon patties? I thought I'd try it. Any tips?
I normally pan fry mine like my grandmother use to do.

What's in your salmon recipe?

Thanks in advance!!

cashs_mom 03-01-2020 05:20 PM

This is the salmon patty recipe I'ved used for years.

Salmon Patties

Ingredients:

1 Large Can of Salmon
¼ tsp Pepper
1 T Mustard
2 Eggs Beaten
½ C Milk
1 T Flour
Soda Crackers Crumbs
Cooking Oil

Mix salmon, pepper, and mustard together. Mix eggs, milk and flour in pan and cook slowly until quite thick. Add salmon mixture and cracker crumbs (approx. 1/3 C). Let cool. Make into patties and roll in cracker crumbs if desired. Heat oil in skillet and brown on each side or bake in 350 deg oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until brown.

Makes six – seven patties. Two servings.

I don't own an air fryer. I just use the skillet. I have done them in the oven. They aren't quite as good, but they're not bad that way.

Feather3 03-01-2020 08:54 PM

I don't have an air fryer. I do pan fry salmon patties. I make them the same way my Grandmother made them.

1 can of salmon, cleaned.
2 eggs
1T mustard
Diced or minced onion. I use a tiny amount, maybe 1 Teaspoon
8 Ritz Crackers hand crushed
a hand full of dried chopped parsley

cooking oil

Mix all ingredients well. Heat frying pan, add in a little oil. Drop a heaping tablespoon of the salmon mixture in the pan & flatten it with the back of the spoon. Brown & flip. Brown the 2nd side & it's done.

goldsberry921 03-02-2020 03:16 AM

Both recipes sound good. Although I do agree with cashsMom... baked salmon patties aren't that great.

My grandmother's recipe was quite simple and similar to the both cashsMom and Feather3.

She made enough to feed 15 people!
Ingredients:
Canned Salmon-cleaned
Eggs
Minced onion
Dash of Salt
Flour
Cornmeal

She's mix the the first five ingredients, then roll in cornmeal while cooking oil was at a good temp for her to pan fry. Brown both sides, serve with a heap of homemade fries.

My twist is that I will add from time to time bread crumbs or crackers if I have on hand. I am not a mustard person at all, however, I can see where it would come in handy for just that right flavor. I am going to try it out and see how that goes!

misspriss 03-02-2020 04:30 AM

I Googled this and it said to cook 12 minutes at 400. I would check them at 10 not knowing how big the patties would be.

toverly 03-03-2020 06:39 AM

My recipe is similar to Goldsberry921, the only thing I do different is omit the flour and put the cornmeal in the patties. Recently since I'm on Weight Watchers, I have been using chick pea flour (grind dried chick peas in a coffee grinder and sift). I haven't tried air frying, would love to know how that works out. Now I measure a tiny bit of oil so I can track points and fry away. Quite a treat.

goldsberry921 03-05-2020 04:52 PM

Love all the input. I am going to try it out next Friday since I've already got my "menu" planned for tomorrow. I'm excited!!
I'll check back in on how it turns out!

juliasb 03-06-2020 07:42 AM

This sounds good for dinner tonight! I usually pan fry. The air fryers sounds good. Put a little oil on the tray to keep them from sticking and it should work just fine. I am really easy when making salmon patties. Salmon, crackers, and an egg is all I use. Mush it all together and make my patties. Nothing special but yummy!