Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Row by Row Starting February (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/row-row-starting-february-t310019.html)

Watson 03-05-2020 06:39 AM

Row by Row Starting February

For anyone wanting to do this mystery Row by Row. It looks really interesting and I know some of you expressed interest in doing it.
It is bi-weekly with a new row put up on the site every other Tuesday morning and finishes in June.
It makes up a quilt that is 60 x 80 without sashing.
There is a Facebook Page called 52 Blocks 52 Weeks where people share their pictures.

Here is the link to the challenge.... Canadian Quilters Assoc Row by Row Mystery

I have been downloading the PDF's, as they only stay up for 4 weeks, so that I can get caught up when I get a chance.

Watson

Iceblossom 03-07-2020 06:40 AM

One of the ladies from my Tuesday group has been downloading the clues, she did the 52 blocks last year and enjoyed herself.

She was a little leery of the row by row, but now with two sets printed out it looks like it will work with the bright bold graphic fabric she had in mind. I had pulled out some fabrics that I don't think will work so well and probably will go for black with bright colors so back into the stash...

We are hoping to actually start it after this coming Tuesday, so to be ready/caught up by the time clue 3 comes out.

Rff1010 03-07-2020 12:11 PM

Thanks for the alert!

givio 03-07-2020 04:05 PM

Oh, thanks for the link! What a treat to sew along with Canadians! :-)

Barb in Louisiana 03-08-2020 06:42 AM

I like the way this row by row is starting. Just may have to go pick fabrics. The fun fact about row-by-rows is that you can use a focus fabric as a row if you want a theme quilt.

Macybaby 03-08-2020 07:08 AM

I love the first two rows, may have to jump in on this one too.

thimblebug6000 03-08-2020 07:22 AM

I do like the rows posted so far, I think they would make great borders.

ibex94 03-08-2020 07:45 AM

The really fun thing about this particular challenge is that the instructions are also available in French! Gotta love officially bilingual countries! I wonder if the EU quilting challenges publish in multiple languages....?

BonnieJP 03-08-2020 11:05 AM

I've been printing the instructions for this project too. I have some nice batik fabric I was planning to use, so I've held off on actually starting the cutting and sewing for this project until I have a better idea where it's going and whether the fabric I have will work. Right now it appears there are only instructions planned through June 9. I was wondering whether that means the last instruction on June 23 will be "repeat rows 9 through 1. This is my first "row by row". Has anyone done a row by row before and do they usually provide instructions through the midway point of the quilt then tell you to reverse the previous rows?

givio 03-08-2020 02:47 PM

BonnieJP, I think each row will be different, especially as the second row is 9".