Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Donations (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/donations-t310417.html)

QuiltnNan 04-02-2020 04:14 AM

Donations

3 Attachment(s)
While I was in Florida for the winter, I made 3 quilts and 6 afghans to to the cancer center. I made two more tops that have not been layered and quilted. One quilt was made with scrappy HSTs. The others are the Spin Me Round pattern with a woven heart as the center. Also, the FL community has a knit club to sell items in their year-round boutique to raise thousands of dollars for the city's volunteer first responders groups . My fav knit/crochet item was the baby's headband. And a couple of days ago, I was contacted by our Office of the Aging to make 20 face masks for the folks who deliver our Meals on Wheels. I didn't take pics of the masks I've donated to our local hospital.
Attachment 623915 Attachment 623916 Attachment 623917

LAF2019 04-02-2020 04:22 AM

Wow, you've been busy! Great stuff!

granky 04-02-2020 04:34 AM

My hat is off to you! Thank you for being so kind and thoughtful!

Bobbielinks 04-02-2020 05:56 AM

Your heart is certainly in the right place. May everyone who touches your lovely gifts be blessed with happiness and wellness.

Jordan 04-02-2020 06:04 AM

Fantastic and beautiful projects. I too love the little baby headband. It is so cute. Thank you for sharing your talents with others. I am sure it is so appreciated by the recipients.
What pattern did you use to make the face masks. I have searched so many patterns and can't decide which is the best and easiest to use?

QuiltnNan 04-02-2020 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 8374490)
Fantastic and beautiful projects. I too love the little baby headband. It is so cute. Thank you for sharing your talents with others. I am sure it is so appreciated by the recipients.
What pattern did you use to make the face masks. I have searched so many patterns and can't decide which is the best and easiest to use?

Thanks. I mostly made up my own way of doing them. But I started with a pattern from our local group request. It calls for a 15 x 7.5 rectangle folded to form about a 7" square... and the filter pocket, if used, is formed by sewing 1.5" from each end of the top [opposite the fold].. My ties are 31-34" long... i just fold a 1" strip lengthwise and use my serger to finish the open edge... sew these across the short ends of the folded square.

MicheleC 04-02-2020 06:31 AM

Your donations are lovely!

Jordan 04-02-2020 06:39 AM

Thank you QuiltnNan-I will try the way you had made yours. My LQS is giving a yard of fabric and pattern and asking for any sewers to come by and pick up these items. I went down and pickup the necessary items and will be working on masks hopefully today. Thank you again for sharing you information.

SallyS 04-02-2020 07:40 AM

Congratulations and hugs for the work you do. I especially liked the checkerboard square in your donation quilt. It gave life and fun to the quilt. Your headbands are adorable, too. Could you give directions for that?

Thank you!
Sally

Tartan 04-02-2020 09:09 AM

Well done!