Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   CraftsyBluprint to Close! - Read the newest posts for Important update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/craftsybluprint-close-read-newest-posts-important-update-t311092.html)

jillmc 12-22-2018 04:49 AM

CraftsyBluprint to Close! - Read the newest posts for Important update

I have been reading about the changes that are coming very soon to Craftsy, and I am kind of disappointed.
But, my question is, will my downloaded purchased patterns (saved to iBooks on my ipad) be safe, or do I need to print them? Thanks.

selm 12-22-2018 07:13 AM

I know they changed to Blueprint in July. Are they changing again now? I haven't noticed any changes that affect me at all.

JustAbitCrazy 12-22-2018 07:44 AM

Purchased Craftsy classes are available on Bluprint, so I think you should still find your patterns there. I have downloaded free Craftsy patterns and still have them. But I usually print them off, put them into a notebook, and delete them from my computer.

dunster 12-22-2018 07:55 AM

Craftsy wouldn't be able to delete anything that you've downloaded to your computer.

jillmc 12-22-2018 08:57 AM

I think my downloads are in a cloud or something...I am so tech challenged.
Craftsy is apparently deleting entire shops and picking and choosing which patterns that will remain in existing shops-takes effect 12/28/18. I feel badly for the shop owners who are being “dismissed”. I will not pay $14.99/month for Blueprint...that could buy a lot of fabric! :)

DACO48 12-22-2018 04:08 PM

I just checked there the other day and all my stuff was still there. Couldn't remember my password. DOH!!

thimblebug6000 12-22-2018 04:14 PM

The only time I go to Craftsy is when doing the free BOM from Sew Incredibly Crazy and then I print out that month's pattern... the admin. there did post a warning to print out or download things as even they... the designers didn't know what would still be available on their sites....

Mumto2 12-22-2018 05:47 PM

The message I am seeing from blogger’s who use Craftsy is to make sure to download and save any patterns you have purchased from them. Apparently things will be sort of in limbo....no new patterns can be added, for several months. I spent awhile downloading some free patterns that I had never bothered to get today....they go with things I plan to make.

QuiltingVagabond 12-22-2018 05:54 PM

Best to download any patterns you have purchased before Dec. 28th. Apparently the designers that are being dropped will be not available to view or download after that date and there are quite a few of them.

tuckyquilter 12-22-2018 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc (Post 8180037)
I have been reading about the changes that are coming very soon to Craftsy, and I am kind of disappointed.
But, my question is, will my downloaded purchased patterns (saved to iBooks on my ipad) be safe, or do I need to print them? Thanks.

I have my patterns downloaded to my computer, except for the Block of the Month. I wasn't pleased when they made it a subscription. I don't need or want anything but quilting. I sent them an email stating this. IF all the quilting classes where available separately, that would be different. BUT not going the paid route for stuff I don't need.