Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The slow crawl to finish the LBB (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/slow-crawl-finish-lbb-t311107.html)

nanna-up-north 05-24-2020 06:12 AM

The slow crawl to finish the LBB

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a long haul to make Little Brown Bird. And, now that I've gotten the 40 blocks done I can start putting this monster together. It's a beautiful quilt but every step requires a lot of work.

Here's the first corner sewn together. I'm working on the next 8 HST strips needed to do the next row. There's about 30 little triangles for each HST strip. See, there's a lot to making this quilt.

Tartan 05-24-2020 06:22 AM

It’s going to be stunning!

thimblebug6000 05-24-2020 07:20 AM

I've enjoyed watching your progress pictures, thanks for sharing!

Jordan 05-24-2020 09:05 AM

That is going to be a beautiful quilt after just seeing a couple of blocks. I have look at the progress of all of your blocks and this is quite a process. Hope you keep this quilt for yourself and enjoy it for a long time.

ruthrings 05-24-2020 10:47 AM

Oh good grief! Give me water boarding please!! You are a saint!!

pocoellie 05-24-2020 11:40 AM

Oh my goodness, if those were my blocks, they would NEVER get done!!!!!!! LOL

SewingSenior 05-24-2020 02:04 PM

OMG, each block is beautiful, but when they come together with the HST borders they are amazing. You are my inspiration and I can't wait to see more of the progress pictures. I'm still 15 1/2 blocks away from being ready to assemble my LBB but I'm working on some HSTs now and then so I'll be ready when the time comes. No one knows the amount of work it takes to do this quilt except those that have done (or are doing) it. When one of my daughters found I was working on the LBB she said LBB should stand for "Little Bitty Brains", lol. Now I'm thinking she may be right.

nanna-up-north 05-24-2020 02:57 PM

No, no, no, Sewing Senior. She's not right about that. LBB is a beautiful quilt and a challenge. I wanted to make it because of how much I thought it was just beautiful but more because I needed to prove it to myself that I could accomplish something this difficult. The finish is getting closer every day. I will feel so proud of myself once it's done. I can do this! Yeah! No more fear!

And, to all of you, thank you for all the kind words. Those words keep me going.

Barb in Louisiana 05-24-2020 03:23 PM

This comment is for both SewingSenior & Nanna-up-north. I admire the tenacity and creativity and beautiful sewing in each and every block you ladies have made. And now to see how detailed the final steps are to put this together and know that Nanna Jean is on her way to finishing is amazing. Kudos for Sewing Senior to already have started on the stack of triangles. These quilts will be masterpieces to be proud of for both of you and heirloom quilts for others who will enjoy them in the years to come. Job well done!

bearisgray 05-24-2020 03:46 PM

Wow and wow and wow!