Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do with this: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-t311743.html)

Nanscan 07-13-2020 07:54 AM

What to do with this:

1 Attachment(s)
Many of you may know this Pattern Basket pattern. It is supposed to still get a 4" border and be a wall hanging. However, I do not want a wall hanging and as it stands now, (19" x 19"), I think it is too big for a pillow. I just do not know what to do with it! Any suggestions?

juliasb 07-13-2020 08:01 AM

First of all it is very very pretty and nicely made. I would make it into a throw quilt by adding some smaller blocks to surround this as the center then add a border. The added squares should have one of the fabrics is each of the added blocks. Then put them together with a matching border. That can be one of the primary colors in this feature block or drawn out from the new smaller blocks.. This is just a thought. There are a number of ways to expand this feature block and make it come to life.

Nanscan 07-13-2020 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8401465)
First of all it is very very pretty and nicely made. I would make it into a throw quilt by adding some smaller blocks to surround this as the center then add a border. The added squares should have one of the fabrics is each of the added blocks. Then put them together with a matching border. That can be one of the primary colors in this feature block or drawn out from the new smaller blocks.. This is just a thought. There are a number of ways to expand this feature block and make it come to life.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Jordan 07-13-2020 08:30 AM

Love your block and so nicely done. What about a table topper? Like Juliasb said-just add some smaller blocks around it and walaa you have a table topper.

Tartan 07-13-2020 08:39 AM

Very cute! How about getting one of the little wire table stands for it instead of the wall?

Iceblossom 07-13-2020 08:49 AM

I am currently in a round robin and something like that would be a wonderful center. I usually don't do sampler type quilts, I joined this round robin to stretch myself and let me be less planned and come out with a top that is nothing like my usual style.

So maybe think of it as your own personal round robin, give yourself a month to do a border of some sort without fully planning it out but seeing where each one takes you... "if I got this from someone else, this is what I'd do" sort of thing. It's a good way to incorporate something maybe you've always wanted to do but didn't want to commit to for a full quilt.

QuiltnNan 07-13-2020 04:34 PM

I would add a corn stalk collection/pile standing next to it.

luvstoquilt 07-14-2020 04:10 AM

I would backit and bind it and have a small quilt. It would look adorable on a table.

ka9sdn 07-14-2020 04:21 AM

Add 2 more blocks and have a great table runner!

GingerK 07-14-2020 04:38 AM

I agree with ka9sdn. You could make two large star blocks or maybe 4 small star blocks and 4 9 patches, and put this lovely block in the middle of a runner.